Seek Ourtube mod tweak -Will Pay

Completed work-for-hire transactions. -- For archive purposes.

Moderators: Erik Frèrejean, Honor

Forum rules
Completed work-for-hire transactions. -- For archive purposes. Do not contact members privately from topics in this forum.

Seek Ourtube mod tweak -Will Pay

Postby cfotoceo » 18 Jan 2011, 13:49

Request Quote for the following:

OurTube Mod: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2098170

I think my request is pretty easy but I am not an expert in coding. I have this mod on my forum http://www.itsallaboutmusic.net

I seek to have a section of this mod on my index page. The section I seek is shown on my forum now. If you were to look at my site you will see it is there with most functions operational but the main function. The vids do not update. If you go to the ourtube page on our site add a vid rate a vid etc, the most recent section updates on the ourtube page as it should but it does not on the forum index.

Here is what I did:

1. Went to the ourtube page did view page source, pulled the code I wanted and placed it on my index_body.html in the location required.

2. All functions but one works. The vids and the stats do not update on the forum index.

3. Then I tried this: <!-- INCLUDE tube/tube_recent.html --> and placed it on my index_body.html and nothing was there but the shell for the data.

This tells me the mod is pulling the data from the tube/index.php but I am not sure how.

It may also be pulling from the tube/functions.php

The mod is nearly abandoned meaning it is had three lives thus far and the recent author has not been online for three weeks.

I seek a coder to provide me the edits to make my requirement operational.

Please provide estimate via PM. I pay via paypal only.
Last edited by cfotoceo on 19 Jan 2011, 10:41, edited 1 time in total.
cfotoceo    
Cadet II
Cadet II

phpBB Knowledge: 4

Re: Seek Ourtube mod tweak -Will Pay

Postby cfotoceo » 19 Jan 2011, 10:30

To get this show on the road, I will pay at least $25 I know it does not require a complete re-write of code but I also understand it takes a bit of time. My estimate is this will take about an hour at the most.

If the mod requires more funding, then please PM or email me your quote. I will pay upon verification and validation (V&V) that the tweak works on my board.

I use PHP 3.08. This tweak can be done on one's own test board. I will install the tweak myself on my board, it is believed this is not so much a tweak of the mod itself but in how the index_body.html where I have placed the section I want pulls the data so it's updated like it is on the ourtube page.

Files of interest that the mod pulls from are:

tube/index.php and tube/functions.php

Hope to hear from an expert soon.
cfotoceo    
Cadet II
Cadet II

Re: Seek Ourtube mod tweak -Will Pay

Postby cfotoceo » 20 Jan 2011, 10:44

Offer is now closed, solution was provided on another PHP board.
cfotoceo    
Cadet II
Cadet II

Return to Completed Transactions