I'm just not sure what to do now. I didn't back anything up so short of literally reverse-engineering each step as I did it I don't know how to fix it. It's especially annoying because it seems to be *almost* working.
The one thing that might have caused problems is that I put the style files (prosilver, subsilver) that came with the chatbox into the respective folders under my AcidTech theme. I thought that's what I was supposed to do, since I was using a different theme. Also one of the files I was supposed to edit according to the install file, the one in: "styles/prosilver/template/overall_header.html" I could not find at all. Granted I was looking in AcidTech because that's my default theme, but I wasn't sure what else to do.
So I'm guessing my trying to put the prosilver and subsilver files into AcidTech somehow caused this. Sorry for being such a noob. lol