[Beta] Topics Only Visible to OP 0.8.0

Misc MOD Downloads for phpBB3 -- Any MOD that does not fit into any other category
Forum rules
Image Please feel free to download any MOD's here, support for each MOD is located it's own thread.

To post your own MOD, please first read the MOD Guidelines

Re: [Beta 0.0.4] JC Forum Author View 0.0.4

Postby Bondgamer » 30 Oct 2007, 16:43

Updated to version 0.0.4. Checked for RC7 comparability (it passed) and fixed a SQL statement.
KainsRache wrote:Actually there seems to be a problem with RC2:
After installing the mod, only people with permission to view all postings are able to see the image linking to the last posting, board-wide. Also guests are able to use them, but "normal" users can't see.

What I'm talking about is this image: Image, it's not a theme-based problem, same thing with Subsilver2.

Any ideas what went wrong?
rotsblok wrote:have installed it on a rc4 board and although the user can post a topic but he cannot read his own post afterwards maybe i missed something???

edit: ok this is getting weird. They can see it now. but the admin does not. Also the user cannot reply to his own topic which i found rather weird especially because he is the author.

I have been using this MOD on my own forum for months and have not encountered an issue as described here. If you still experience these issues please report again and I will look into it.
Bondgamer
MOD Author
MOD Author

phpBB Knowledge: 5

phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide
Support STG
Using PayPal Donate

Re: [Beta] JC Forum Author View 0.0.4

Postby advail » 11 May 2008, 17:07

Hello All,

I know it's been some time since anyone posted anything on this MOD (I'm praying that it hasn't been abandoned.)

I'm trying to install this in 3.01 and I have run into a problem the install says to look for the following code in viewforum.php
Code: Select all
$sql_array = array(
   'SELECT'      => $sql_array['SELECT'],
   'FROM'         => $sql_array['FROM'],
   'LEFT_JOIN'      => $sql_array['LEFT_JOIN'],

'WHERE'         => $sql_where . '
      AND t.topic_type IN (' . POST_NORMAL . ', ' . POST_STICKY . ")
      $sql_approved

but the first part of (before the extra linebreak) can be found like this (my viewforum.php)
   $sql = $db->sql_build_query('SELECT', array(
      'SELECT'   => $sql_array['SELECT'],
      'FROM'      => $sql_array['FROM'],
      'LEFT_JOIN'   => $sql_array['LEFT_JOIN'],

'WHERE'      => 't.forum_id IN (' . $forum_id . ', 0)
         AND t.topic_type IN (' . POST_ANNOUNCE . ', ' . POST_GLOBAL . ')',

but the part after the extra linebreak can be found like this (my viewforum.php)
$sql = 'SELECT t.topic_id
   FROM ' . TOPICS_TABLE . " t
   WHERE $sql_where
      AND t.topic_type IN (" . POST_NORMAL . ', ' . POST_STICKY . ")
      $sql_approved
      $sql_limit_time

So my question is this... do I still add
   $forum_author_view
after
      $sql_approved

Thanx,
a
Last edited by advail on 12 May 2008, 06:19, edited 1 time in total.
advail
Crewman
Crewman

phpBB Knowledge: 2

Postby advail » 11 May 2008, 23:25

the previous question.... yes it works.....

but now i cn't seem to get the acl_u_author_view in the user (or group) to show up.... I've verified that the code was placed right... and I can only find the acl_u_author_view referenced in the permissions_phpbb3.php....

The good news is the auth view only mode works... problem is the override I can't figure out how to get it to work...

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanx,
a
advail
Crewman
Crewman

phpBB Knowledge: 2

Postby Obsidian » 28 May 2008, 07:16

I take it that this may not work on 3.0.1? :huh:
うるさいうるさいうるさい!

StopForumSpam Spam Reporting Database
Giving xrumer and friends a great big "screw you" since 2007.
Obsidian    
Supporter
Supporter

phpBB Knowledge: 10

Postby Bondgamer » 04 Jun 2008, 16:46

sTraTo wrote:I take it that this may not work on 3.0.1? :huh:

I'm not sure if it will. I will be trying to release a new beta version within a week.
Bondgamer
MOD Author
MOD Author

Postby blazes » 04 Jun 2008, 22:15

Can't wait! I need this MOD for a new site I'm starting and I'm too lazy to do it myself. :D
blazes
Crewman
Crewman

phpBB Knowledge: 9

Re: [Beta] JC Forum Author View 0.5.0

Postby Bondgamer » 05 Jun 2008, 17:12

Hello everyone! I have just released an updated version of this MOD. Read all the information in the original post.

Updates
- Compatible with phpBB 3.0.1
- Performance enhancements
- Viewing permissions are now forum specific

Previous beta users should undo all edits and reinstall. You do not need to perform the table alteration, but will need to insert the new permission.
Bondgamer
MOD Author
MOD Author

Postby Diarrah » 17 Jul 2008, 14:48

I am a complete newbie at phpBB3 and I never did a mod add-on for phpBB2. I have downloaded this mod and well...I need a little clarification on the very first steps given my lack of knowledge. If I can get past these I am pretty sure I can handle the rest! :) To be specific..this is where I am twitching:

#-----[ COPY ]----------------------
#
forum_author_view_db_update.php to ./forum_author_view_db_update.php
#-----[ DIY ]----------------------
Your forum SQL user needs the permissions to ALTER tables.
Most likely you have them, otherwise you need to perform the SQL operations manually.

Go to forum_author_view_db_update.php.
If the database updates are successful !DELETE THE FILE! and continue installation.
If there is an error then request help in phpBB topic (http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=543859)

I am guessing DIY means Do it yourself? And..is that if the first step doesn't "copy" or is that even if the first step copies?

Also which directory/folder is being referred to as ./ ? Is that just the main Forums directory?

Sorry for the absolute cluelessness but we all have to learn sometime! :blush: Any more specific instructions would be greatly appreciated!
Diarrah
Crewman
Crewman

phpBB Knowledge: 1

Postby stitch626 » 18 Jul 2008, 19:35

Hello Diarrah,

There should be a file called forum_author_view_db_update.php that came with the mod. You need to upload that to your root directory of your forums.
EX: http://www.yourdomain.com/your board/forum_author_view_db_update.php

After you upload it then navigate your browser to the file. http://www.yourdomain.com/your board/forum_author_view_db_update.php The rest is automatic. Just be sure that you are already logged into your board as admin.
stitch626    
STG Moderator Leader
STG Moderator Leader

Favorite Team: Detroit Red Wings
phpBB Knowledge: 7

Postby Diarrah » 20 Jul 2008, 19:02

Thank you stitch! I greatly appreciate it. I did as you instructed and did the changes in the other files but now I have the messages
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 149: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/forums.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 151: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/forums.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/forums.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/forums.php:1)

when I reloaded the admin page. Give I didn't modify the /adm/index.php does this mean I have done something incorrectly in the /language/en/acp/forums.php ? If I install a non changed version of the /language/en/acp/forums.php file it will load...but I do not see the "author view only" option in the preferences. if I alter it as instructed I get the above errors. :confused: Any suggestions?
Diarrah
Crewman
Crewman

phpBB Knowledge: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous MODs, Hacks and Downloads