User Blog Mod

Misc MOD Downloads for phpBB3 -- Any MOD that does not fit into any other category
Forum rules
Image Please feel free to download any MOD's here, support for each MOD is located it's own thread.

To post your own MOD, please first read the MOD Guidelines

Re: User Blog Mod

Postby EXreaction » 02 Dec 2008, 19:30

I list the mod so others know what is available if they only look here.

No, I do not provide free support. Why should I spend my time helping you use a program I made for free? It is given as is, if YOU screw something up or do not understand how to use it, why should I be obligated to help you?

If you have a problem with anything I have, simple solution, DO NOT USE ANYTHING I'VE MADE.
My phpBB3 Mods: Advertisement Management | Anti-Spam ACP | Auto Database Backup | Enable HTML | Advanced Subscriptions | Custom Profile Groups | From Author PM List | FAQ Manager | Forum Anniversary List | One Click Ban | Forum Sponsors | Smilies Categories | Drag 'n Drop Forum List | Soft Delete

Interested in becoming a Jr MOD Validator and helping out validation of mods @phpBB.com? Apply here
EXreaction    
Supporter
Supporter

Postby mtotheikle » 02 Dec 2008, 19:57

I know this is EXreactions topic, however being a modder my self I know how difficult it is to support MODs. Nathan can do as he pleases with his MOD's and if he thinks he needs to charge for support, there is no issue with that. He provides these MODs at no cost and it does take a large amount of time to support them.

If anyone has any concerns about this topic please contact an admin to deal with the issue, it does not need to be made pubic.

Thank you,
~Mike
"You have a lifetime to learn technique. But I can teach you what is more important than technique: How to see. Learn that and all you have to do afterwards is press the shutter." - Garry Winogrand

I have turned into a Military Sergeant and Highway of Life and Handyman are my newest privates under my command. Don't be scared anyone, this is all for your good!

mtotheikle    
Supporter
Supporter

Favorite Team: Seahawks
phpBB Knowledge: 10

Postby soaknfused » 03 Dec 2008, 09:07

I have asked questions about this mod for items that were faults in the code, or issues that the support should be free and they have fallen on silent ears.. I do think this is a great mod however, so I just suck it up and deal with it.

The way I got past it, which allows me to go on with my life :-p is to tell myself... hmm... if I got photoshop for free, would I be willing to pay for support if I ran into trouble? or, if I got Vista for free would I be willing to pay someone to make it work how it should... probably... but that's just me.. (by the way, i paid for Vista and it still doesn't work as it should) lol

I think everyone needs to relax a bit.

Maybe if the first post was updated to say "I don't provide support here, and the support on my site is not free" then nobody would have anything to complain about :-)

And finally, this is by far the best blog solution I have found for phpbb3 and it keeps getting better, so thank you EXreaction.
soaknfused    
Cadet II
Cadet II

phpBB Knowledge: 5

Postby EXreaction » 03 Dec 2008, 13:02

If there are any faults with the code I will fix them as soon as I get a chance, but I have no reports of current issues with the latest code.
My phpBB3 Mods: Advertisement Management | Anti-Spam ACP | Auto Database Backup | Enable HTML | Advanced Subscriptions | Custom Profile Groups | From Author PM List | FAQ Manager | Forum Anniversary List | One Click Ban | Forum Sponsors | Smilies Categories | Drag 'n Drop Forum List | Soft Delete

Interested in becoming a Jr MOD Validator and helping out validation of mods @phpBB.com? Apply here
EXreaction    
Supporter
Supporter

Postby JeRicHoOL » 17 Dec 2008, 17:07

Just installed this mod and haven't seen any errors so far. You did great work on this mod. Thank you. :good:

Can you explain me how the CSS feature works for the users? What can they add for example? I would be glad if you could provide some example codes and what those codes will do.

:hello:
My signature has been stolen.
JeRicHoOL
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Favorite Team: Bayern Munich
phpBB Knowledge: 2

Postby EXreaction » 17 Dec 2008, 18:24

They can add whatever they would like.

No, I don't have any samples. You either know CSS and could do it on your own or don't know CSS and either would need to learn it or have somebody else do it for you.

EXreaction    
Supporter
Supporter

Postby JeRicHoOL » 18 Dec 2008, 09:33

1. I tried the following CSS codes and it didn't work.

Code: Select all
.body { background-color:#E0E0E0;}

body { background-color:#E0E0E0;}

background-color:#E0E0E0;

The codes above are CSS codes which are supposed to change the background color.
I just want you to give me an example code to set up a background color. I know a bit CSS but it just doesn't work. :scratch:

2. Will I have to refresh the theme all the time a user chnanges his CSS code?

Thanks in advance. :hello:

PS: I would have asked it on your own site but the topic there is closed. :confused:
I'd be glad if you could give me a link where I can get support. I have just read that you don't give free support. What will someone have to pay to get support?
My signature has been stolen.
JeRicHoOL
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Favorite Team: Bayern Munich
phpBB Knowledge: 2

Postby EXreaction » 18 Dec 2008, 12:05

EXreaction    
Supporter
Supporter

Postby InternetMafia » 29 Dec 2008, 21:30

Mod looks nice. Maybe as soon as I get my SQL updated from 5.0.67 I will give it an install.
Dangerous But Worth The Risk
InternetMafia
Cadet IV
Cadet IV

phpBB Knowledge: 1

Postby Rocko2 » 01 Feb 2009, 19:42

Can I disallow one or two members using this mod if I need to? If so.. How do I do that?
Rocko2    
Ensign
Ensign

phpBB Knowledge: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous MODs, Hacks and Downloads