User Blog Mod

Misc MOD Downloads for phpBB3 -- Any MOD that does not fit into any other category
Forum rules
Image Please feel free to download any MOD's here, support for each MOD is located it's own thread.

To post your own MOD, please first read the MOD Guidelines

Re: User Blog Mod

Postby EXreaction » 01 Feb 2009, 19:55

Yes, with permissions.
My phpBB3 Mods: Advertisement Management | Anti-Spam ACP | Auto Database Backup | Enable HTML | Advanced Subscriptions | Custom Profile Groups | From Author PM List | FAQ Manager | Forum Anniversary List | One Click Ban | Forum Sponsors | Smilies Categories | Drag 'n Drop Forum List | Soft Delete

Interested in becoming a Jr MOD Validator and helping out validation of mods @phpBB.com? Apply here
EXreaction    
Supporter
Supporter

Postby OnFire » 12 Feb 2009, 10:29

hi there...

would like to get it to run!

my problem is after apply all changes to the files and install the newest umil i get a plain forum page by running database.php

it tells me "no forums found" :)

can you help me please by install the database? ist there anywhere an sql.txt to ad them manualy?

Mira

Edit: its 1.0.9
OnFire
Cadet I
Cadet I

Postby EXreaction » 12 Feb 2009, 11:15

That's from a bug in phpBB3. Soon UMIL RC2 will be released which will fix that, so wait until UMIL RC2 comes out, purge your cache, then try installing again.
My phpBB3 Mods: Advertisement Management | Anti-Spam ACP | Auto Database Backup | Enable HTML | Advanced Subscriptions | Custom Profile Groups | From Author PM List | FAQ Manager | Forum Anniversary List | One Click Ban | Forum Sponsors | Smilies Categories | Drag 'n Drop Forum List | Soft Delete

Interested in becoming a Jr MOD Validator and helping out validation of mods @phpBB.com? Apply here
EXreaction    
Supporter
Supporter

Postby OnFire » 12 Feb 2009, 12:42

oky thanx for reply

Mira
OnFire
Cadet I
Cadet I

Postby Professional » 18 Feb 2009, 00:09

hi some times ago i tried to intsl this mod at phpbb3.0.1 or 3.0.2 but i think because of my PHP version ti didn't work.
now i want to try again.but about db changes i am not what shoud i do.
can u plz help me? :wave:
انجمن تخصصی نسل جدید موبایل ها
My Handwritings: Professional Dreams
Every Thing That U Feel,Is Every Thing That I Feel.
Professional    
Borg Drone
Borg Drone

phpBB Knowledge: 5

Postby OnFire » 18 Feb 2009, 06:45

Got it now installed with a umil fom developers project site.

Now i got the following problem, when i click on blogs, all is fine looks same as forumstyle. when i click on myblog looks great to same as forumstyle.
But when i click on new blog or edit blog i get a unformatet site. Look pls my examples:

thumbnail
[ Click to Enlarge ]

[This is the blogs site]
thumbnail
[ Click to Enlarge ]

[This is the myblogs site]
thumbnail
[ Click to Enlarge ]

[This is the editor site (toparea)]
thumbnail
[ Click to Enlarge ]

[This is the editor site (bottomarea)]

In the editor window, is nothing real working together. the slilies you cant insert, the bbcode panel is useless and the only thing was work ist to put text and bbcode manualy into the messagebox.

I miss a template for editor  

Can you give me a kick why the heck the editor is not shown in boardstyle?

Lg Mira

http://onfire.homeip.net/forum/ Style: Acidtech
OnFire
Cadet I
Cadet I

Postby Jawillde » 28 Feb 2009, 12:07

I've done a ton of searches and have yet to find an answer to setting the blog post character limits as a separate limit from the regular forum post limits.

On my forum we have character limits on the regular forum posts to prevent people from writing entire books of information.

Well, the user blog mod uses the same character limits for the blog posts. Is there a way to separate the two or to hard code a character limit for the blog posts?

I really see no reason to limit the length of blog posts so I'd like to make my members pretty free with what they can write.

Thanks in advance!
Jawillde    
Supporter
Supporter

phpBB Knowledge: 3

Postby EXreaction » 28 Feb 2009, 22:07

I am not sure exactly what would need to be changed for that to work. I think that the character limit is set when the message is parsed by the phpBB3 functions for it.

EXreaction    
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jawillde » 02 Mar 2009, 08:43

Would it be possible to add a separate function for the blogs?
Jawillde    
Supporter
Supporter

phpBB Knowledge: 3

Postby EXreaction » 02 Mar 2009, 13:31

Well, sure, it would be possible.

EXreaction    
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous MODs, Hacks and Downloads