- Open your config.php file
- Find the following lines and make sure they are NOT commented out:
- Code: Select all
- Upload all smilies to the /images/smilies/ directory.
- Upload smiley.pak to the /images/smilies/ directory (i.e. the same directory)
- smiley.pak is CHMODed 644 -rw-r--r--
- If you have multiple forum installations, be sure you have uploaded and are logged into the correct forum for installing the smilies.
- Go to ACP > Posting > Smilies > Import Smiley Pack > You will see a drop down list with all available smilies.
If you do not see this list, then there is something wrong with you installation of phpBB3 (I would assume).
I just checked STG, and we have 6 paks in that directory, and they all show up in the ACP.
- Select a pak and -- select the desired option from delete, keep or replace.
- Click [ Install smiley pak ]
- If the installation fails... well, I?m not sure what you would do, we?ll cross that bridge if we get here
You don?t like your mac?!? I?m sure there are many here that would be ... ehm, more than happy to take it off your hands for you.
Only the command-shift-i option would work in SubEthaEdit, it does not work in any other application. -- well, it does, but it won?t show you line-endings in other apps.
Are you running on a OS X Server, Linux, Unix or Microsoft server?
What tool did you use to unpack (unstuff/unzip) the smiley.pak?
The fact that your created smiley pak won?t show up is an indication of something common, and not with the STG pak in particular.