[MOD] Rules Mod 1.0.6 bèta

Misc MOD Downloads for phpBB3 -- Any MOD that does not fit into any other category
Forum rules
Image Please feel free to download any MOD's here, support for each MOD is located it's own thread.

To post your own MOD, please first read the MOD Guidelines

What do you think about my rules mod?

Great! Just what I needed!
88%
Good!
8%
Fair
4%
Poor
No votes

Total votes : 24

Re: [MOD] Rules Mod 1.0.1 bèta

Postby Ladysarajane » 31 Dec 2007, 10:46

Must check it out!
Warning: Stay away from Deck 15 if you don't have security clearance level 6 or above! Unauthorized access is prohibited.
Ladysarajane
STG Moderator
STG Moderator

Favorite Team: Bengals
phpBB Knowledge: 5

Postby Ladysarajane » 31 Dec 2007, 11:46

Really nice and easy to install.
Suggestions...on the Overall_header templates instructions, make sure you note in the DIY that people need to put thier root folder in the <a></> tags.....
:blush: like a dummy I forgot to do that and couldn't figure out at first why I kept getting a 404 error....
I am unsure how many people unfamiliar with phpbb would feel comfortable editing the help_rules.php...also it might make it harder for people on free hosts to ask for the mod and not be able to maintain it without a Adm module.
Warning: Stay away from Deck 15 if you don't have security clearance level 6 or above! Unauthorized access is prohibited.
Ladysarajane
STG Moderator
STG Moderator

Postby drazgo » 31 Dec 2007, 12:24

thanks for the suggestions mate! i will change that root path immediately! and i know it would be way easier to configure those rules through adminCP, but i'm pretty much a newbie in making my own mods, and don't know how to implement it yet in admincp :blush: help would be much appreciated :D

EDIT: simple question, which <a> tags do you exactly mean? :P i'm not pretty sure what you're talking about. you mean in prosilver or subsilver template?
drazgo
Cadet III
Cadet III

Postby Ladysarajane » 31 Dec 2007, 15:42

Those are the ones the ones in the overall_headers. I was a newbie and didn't even think about it until I kept coming up with 404 error. You could leave it as is and just make the directions in the DIY part of the XML to make sure that is understood that they have to change that to point to their root folder for their forum.
I can't write code either, although I am pretty good at copying and pasting! :lol:
Maybe someone here might be able to help make an admin module for it.
It really would make it easier for admins that don't have access to their servers.
Ladysarajane
STG Moderator
STG Moderator

Postby drazgo » 02 Jan 2008, 04:39

oh now i get what you're trying to say :P yeah sure, i'll add it in the DIY instructions ;) And indeed, if anyone would be able to create an admin module, or just tell me how to do it, that would be great!

EDIT: updated the zip file with diy-instructions for templates!
drazgo
Cadet III
Cadet III

Postby mtotheikle » 02 Jan 2008, 21:19

I got an idea on how you can edit this inside the ACP by using the FAQ manager by EXreaction, I'm still working on setting this up and will let you know once I get some where :grin:
"You have a lifetime to learn technique. But I can teach you what is more important than technique: How to see. Learn that and all you have to do afterwards is press the shutter." - Garry Winogrand

I have turned into a Military Sergeant and Highway of Life and Handyman are my newest privates under my command. Don't be scared anyone, this is all for your good!

mtotheikle    
Supporter
Supporter

Favorite Team: Seahawks
phpBB Knowledge: 10

Postby Ladysarajane » 02 Jan 2008, 22:09

I am willing to test it out. I think this would be a great addition to my forums!
:D
Ladysarajane
STG Moderator
STG Moderator

Postby drazgo » 04 Jan 2008, 13:01

xhotshotx wrote:I got an idea on how you can edit this inside the ACP by using the FAQ manager by EXreaction, I'm still working on setting this up and will let you know once I get some where :grin:

hey indeed, this may work you know! :P i'll have a look at it as well! thanks for your help!
drazgo
Cadet III
Cadet III

Postby drazgo » 04 Jan 2008, 15:14

i just checked the FAQ manager you gave, and i just saw you can already manage the rules just by installing it! and it is throw new Exception('Dang'); easy! i will just include this FAQ manager in my mod and give instructions how to use it, which is pretty much the easiest mod i've ever seen in my whole entire life (just upload :P)!

EDIT: included it in my rules mod! will publish the new 1.0.2 with the ACP module soon!
drazgo
Cadet III
Cadet III

Postby Patricia » 04 Jan 2008, 17:19

Thank you Drazgo,

Great easy to do MOD.

But you might wanna change this line in the modx install file:

Code: Select all
Openstyles/prosilver/overal_header.tpl

should be overall_header.html :D

phpBB 2 is history :grin: