[MOD] Rules Mod 1.0.6 bèta

Misc MOD Downloads for phpBB3 -- Any MOD that does not fit into any other category
Forum rules
Image Please feel free to download any MOD's here, support for each MOD is located it's own thread.

To post your own MOD, please first read the MOD Guidelines

What do you think about my rules mod?

Great! Just what I needed!
88%
Good!
8%
Fair
4%
Poor
No votes

Total votes : 24

Re: [MOD] Rules Mod 1.0.1 bèta

Postby drazgo » 06 Jan 2008, 12:05

lol, already fixed that in my next release of the mod :D it is now available for downloading!
drazgo
Cadet III
Cadet III

phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide
Support STG
Using PayPal Donate

Re: [MOD] Rules Mod 1.0.2 bèta

Postby Ladysarajane » 06 Jan 2008, 19:25

Downloaded 1.0.2beta and it is an easy install so far...but you need to correct the Templates Modx files. You still misspelled overall_header in both prosilver and subsilver2 modx files. Other than that I am playing with the adm part now and will let you know how it goes.

EDIT:
VERY NICE! :good: :yahoo:
Once that XML spelling is fixed, I think it will be perfect. Don't forget to give Ex-reaction credit for the FAQ part of the mod. This is great to have it all-in-one.

I've played with it on my localhost, now I will upload it to a test forum and let my admins from my other forums play with it.

Second Edit: As pointed out on phpBB, the XML file needs to have the correct files for upload noted.
Copy: root/language/mods/info_rules_manager.php
To: language/mods/info_rules_manager.php
should be :
To: language/en/mods/info_rules_manager.php

Copy: root/language/mods/rules_manager.php
To: language/mods/rules_manager.php
should be:
To: language/en/mods/rules_manager.php

:scratch: BB codes do not work in the ACP manager.
Warning: Stay away from Deck 15 if you don't have security clearance level 6 or above! Unauthorized access is prohibited.
Ladysarajane
STG Moderator
STG Moderator

Favorite Team: Bengals
phpBB Knowledge: 5

Postby drazgo » 09 Jan 2008, 00:22

ok, thanks for your comments! must've missed those spelling errors ;) will correct them right now. and even without the acp, the bbcodes won't work. you should use html tags to modify your rules, like <b>TEXT</b> to set your text bold and such things... ;) I already set his name (Exreaction) in my install xml's. should i do something more than that?

cheers!
drazgo
Cadet III
Cadet III

Postby Ladysarajane » 09 Jan 2008, 10:21

Yes, I figured out it is HTML based and not BB code based.
Teach me to skim that page...I see the thanks to Exreaction now...that is good.

The only problem I currently see and I can't remember if I put this on phpbb.com is that when you editing rules and you click on Back (not the browser back, but the back on the Rules manager) It logs me out.
Right now if I submit a change, instead of going back to make another change, I have to click on the rules manager in my left hand tab.

I find the Rules Manger very helpful in the ACP! :good:
Warning: Stay away from Deck 15 if you don't have security clearance level 6 or above! Unauthorized access is prohibited.
Ladysarajane
STG Moderator
STG Moderator

Postby drazgo » 10 Jan 2008, 12:27

will ask exreaction about these issues as they should be in the faqmanager, and not in my rules mod ;) will reply asap!
drazgo
Cadet III
Cadet III

Postby EXreaction » 10 Jan 2008, 13:04

I don't think that adding my FAQ manager to your mod is the best idea (for many reasons, if it was integrated somehow it would be different, but with the FAQ Manager you just drop the files in and install the module). IMHO, I think it would be better to have your mod, then a link to the FAQ Manager in the author notes and in your post as an easy way to edit it. But you may do whatever you want.

Ladysarajane wrote:Yes, I figured out it is HTML based and not BB code based.
Teach me to skim that page...I see the thanks to Exreaction now...that is good.

The only problem I currently see and I can't remember if I put this on phpbb.com is that when you editing rules and you click on Back (not the browser back, but the back on the Rules manager) It logs me out.
Right now if I submit a change, instead of going back to make another change, I have to click on the rules manager in my left hand tab.

I find the Rules Manger very helpful in the ACP! :good:

Is the session_id getting applied to the url like it should be?
My phpBB3 Mods: Advertisement Management | Anti-Spam ACP | Auto Database Backup | Enable HTML | Advanced Subscriptions | Custom Profile Groups | From Author PM List | FAQ Manager | Forum Anniversary List | One Click Ban | Forum Sponsors | Smilies Categories | Drag 'n Drop Forum List | Soft Delete

Interested in becoming a Jr MOD Validator and helping out validation of mods @phpBB.com? Apply here
EXreaction    
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ladysarajane » 10 Jan 2008, 13:40

On my test forum when I click the back button it sends me back to plain "/adm " url....I do not see a session id in it.
Ladysarajane
STG Moderator
STG Moderator

Postby EXreaction » 10 Jan 2008, 14:15

Well, I see that the Back button on the way top doesn't work now...it doesn't have a URL set to it. :shock:

But the link on the confirm/success page should work.
My phpBB3 Mods: Advertisement Management | Anti-Spam ACP | Auto Database Backup | Enable HTML | Advanced Subscriptions | Custom Profile Groups | From Author PM List | FAQ Manager | Forum Anniversary List | One Click Ban | Forum Sponsors | Smilies Categories | Drag 'n Drop Forum List | Soft Delete

Interested in becoming a Jr MOD Validator and helping out validation of mods @phpBB.com? Apply here
EXreaction    
Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ladysarajane » 10 Jan 2008, 14:33

Yes it does. :D
Ladysarajane
STG Moderator
STG Moderator

Postby EXreaction » 10 Jan 2008, 20:06

Ok, you'll just have to ignore that back button. :P

If I'd fix it, all I'd do is remove the back button from the templates anyways...

EXreaction    
Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous MODs, Hacks and Downloads