[Add-on] Welcome Mod 2.0.0 (Beta)

Misc MOD Downloads for phpBB3 -- Any MOD that does not fit into any other category
Forum rules
Image Please feel free to download any MOD's here, support for each MOD is located it's own thread.

To post your own MOD, please first read the MOD Guidelines

Re: Welome_Mod

Postby dbsmoker » 18 Mar 2008, 09:29

I performed the update without issues here, working good in prosilver and subsilver2 (both with some additional modifications).
The smoker's are revolting! Join the RYO Revolution!
dbsmoker
Cadet I
Cadet I

phpBB Knowledge: 5

phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide
Support STG
Using PayPal Donate

Re: Welome_Mod

Postby stitch626 » 18 Mar 2008, 09:57

Thanks for mthe feed back dbsmoker. Much appreciated. :)
stitch626    
STG Moderator Leader
STG Moderator Leader

Favorite Team: Detroit Red Wings
phpBB Knowledge: 7

Re: [Add-on] Welcome Mod 1.0.1

Postby Ladysarajane » 28 Apr 2008, 17:34

Mike I know your busy, but I have found that something in this mod doesn't like 3.01 files. When I updated my forum it must of merged the files okay because I didn't see a problem, but then I had to use a new set of files of 3.01 and I found a problem.

Here:
forum_wm.JPG
(8.02 KiB) Downloaded 15 times

At first I thought I made an error in editing the files or that another mod was interferring with it, but then I used my localhost with a fresh set of 3.01 and used this mod only and obtained the same thing, so this must be limited to the 3.01 files.
Warning: Stay away from Deck 15 if you don't have security clearance level 6 or above! Unauthorized access is prohibited.
Ladysarajane
STG Moderator
STG Moderator

Favorite Team: Bengals

Postby stitch626 » 29 Apr 2008, 09:56

LSJ,

thanks for letting me k now about this. Am I understanding you correctly? Did you say that you installed the mod on a fresh copy of 3.1? I haven't noticed this bug because I haven't even had time to update my board yet.
stitch626    
STG Moderator Leader
STG Moderator Leader

Postby Ladysarajane » 29 Apr 2008, 10:14

Yes...When I updated my forum to 3.01 I did not notice it at all...but my forum files were damaged and I had to reupload a fresh set of files. I uploaded the newly modded files and noticed the problem. Thought I was going crazy when I couldn't find the edit I thought was wrong. So I installed 3.01 to my localhost and used that mod first and the same problem cropped up. It is the only mod I have on it. Since it is fresh files and the only mod, I have to conclude that something in 3.01 doesn't like the edits. The reason it didn't mind the upgraded files, is because I guess because of merged templates. I may not have noticed it after the upgrade either since it was so close to the time my forum went "poof"
Warning: Stay away from Deck 15 if you don't have security clearance level 6 or above! Unauthorized access is prohibited.
Ladysarajane
STG Moderator
STG Moderator

Postby stitch626 » 30 Apr 2008, 14:07

Ok Sara Jane,
Here is the fix:

Open lang/en/common.php

FIND:
Code: Select all
'WELCOME_GUEST'        => '<strong><span style="color: red;">Guest</strong></span>, Welcome to %1$s<br /><a href="%2$s" title="Click here to Register">Click here to Register</a>',

REPLaCE WITH:
Code: Select all
'WELCOME_GUEST'        => '<strong><span style="color: red;">Guest</strong></span>, Welcome to %2$s<br /><a href="%3$s" title="Click here to Register">Click here to Register</a>',

Let me know if that fixes it. I tested it with 3.01 on a localhost and works fine for me.
stitch626    
STG Moderator Leader
STG Moderator Leader

Postby Ladysarajane » 30 Apr 2008, 15:30

:thumbsup: That fixed it Mike! :yahoo:
I thought it had something to do with that line. I just couldn't figure out how to change it.
Ladysarajane
STG Moderator
STG Moderator

Postby c4gamerz » 12 May 2008, 01:46

Thank you for this wonderful mod well i have a request can we add member avatar in welcome message?? as it will look cool :D
c4gamerz    
Cadet IV
Cadet IV

phpBB Knowledge: 10

Postby LxPower » 14 May 2008, 22:14

One little idea: Like can set it so that different groups have different Welcome messages.
Or this is maybe impossible
Thanks for great mod going to add this soon.

Happy codding Stisch :good:
LxPower    
Supporter
Supporter

phpBB Knowledge: 2

Postby stitch626 » 15 May 2008, 18:44

c4gamerz wrote:Thank you for this wonderful mod well i have a request can we add member avatar in welcome message?? as it will look cool :D

There are a few mods out there that can be customized to place the users avatar in the welcome message but I have no plans on incorporating this feature into this mod ;)

LxPower wrote:One little idea: Like can set it so that different groups have different Welcome messages.
Or this is maybe impossible
Thanks for great mod going to add this soon.

This would require quite the overhaul and I really am kind of swamped for the rest of this month. Possibly something I may consider in the future.
stitch626    
STG Moderator Leader
STG Moderator Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous MODs, Hacks and Downloads