Advertisement Management

Misc MOD Downloads for phpBB3 -- Any MOD that does not fit into any other category
Forum rules
Image Please feel free to download any MOD's here, support for each MOD is located it's own thread.

To post your own MOD, please first read the MOD Guidelines

Re: Advertisement Management

Postby Typo » 22 May 2009, 07:29

Great mod.

If anyone else has the problem where the mod doesn't seem to install, read below.

I followed all the instructions, did the edits as described, moved the files over, and then visit "any page" on my site (I used the index and viewforum). I then went into the ACP, set the permissions, refreshed the template and then purged the cache and low and behold the module did not show up in the board config menu. I went into the acp module manager and noticed the module was indeed installed so then I went into MyPHPAdmin and looked and confirmed the db's were there and they were.

This was really frustrating at this point but I assumed it had to be because of the extreme amount of modding I do so I started looking around and found a toolkit in development by the great folks at Star Trek Guide (The phpBB Academy) called the STK (Support Tool Kit). It is currently only available for download in SVN due to its beta status but the tools I wanted were:

Fix left/right ids
    A tool to repair the left and right ids of modules and forums.

Re-add module management

Re-enables the the system and module management modules in the ACP.

and

Remove duplicate permissions.
So I snagged the files out of the SVN and gave the STK a try.

I LOVE IT!

I must mention here that before I tried this tool, as with anything else that edits the DB in any way. I backed up my database. ALWAYS BACKUP FIRST!

First I ran the tool to fix the left/right id's since I thought this might be the issue but when that didn't work I just decided to run the other two and then see if they worked so I did the duplicate permission removal and the Re-Add Module Management modules.

POOF!

The mod was working great. I could see the mod now in the ACP like I should and everything is fine now.

Great mod eXreaction.

Typo
Typo    
phpBB Team Member
phpBB Team Member

phpBB Knowledge: 6

phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide
Support STG
Using PayPal Donate

Postby jojork » 24 May 2009, 15:49

Plees help my

where I give
{COUNT_CLICK}

Code: Select all
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="http://sk.static.etargetnet.com/generic/advert.php?g=ref:12085,area:728x60,tabl:3,n:2,js:1,target:_new,logo:0,border_color:ffffff,background_color:ffffff,title_color:0066d5,title_underline:1,text_color:000000,font:arial"></script>
jojork
Cadet IV
Cadet IV

Postby Erik Frèrejean » 25 May 2009, 09:18

Typos wrote:This was really frustrating at this point but I assumed it had to be because of the extreme amount of modding I do so I started looking around and found a toolkit in development by the great folks at Star Trek Guide (The phpBB Academy) called the STK (Support Tool Kit). It is currently only available for download in SVN due to its beta status but the tools I wanted were:

Fix left/right ids
    A tool to repair the left and right ids of modules and forums.

Re-add module management

Re-enables the the system and module management modules in the ACP.

and

Remove duplicate permissions.
So I snagged the files out of the SVN and gave the STK a try.

Please note that the STK isn't a STG project ;). The Tool Kit is being developed by the phpBB support team and EXreaction helps us with the development.

Nice to hear that you like it though :).
Image Proud member of the phpBB support team
Image STG Support team member | Image STG Moderator team member
Erik Frèrejean    
phpBB Team Member
phpBB Team Member

Favorite Team: New Orleans Saints
phpBB Knowledge: 10

Postby Typo » 25 May 2009, 16:02

Erik Frèrejean wrote:Please note that the STK isn't a STG project ;). The Tool Kit is being developed by the phpBB support team and EXreaction helps us with the development.

Nice to hear that you like it though :).

Good to know and thank you to all involved in it's development, it is a wonderful set of tools.

Typo
Typo    
phpBB Team Member
phpBB Team Member

phpBB Knowledge: 6

Postby chenpm » 15 May 2010, 01:05

Where can I get some advice on installing Advertisement Management 1.0.9?

I got the following error message after installing Advertisement Management 1.0.9:

"XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1. View the file ./../store/mods/Advertisement Management 1.0.9/contrib/[How To] Add Positions.txt in a web browser for a more detailed error message."

How can I correct it?

I installed the Mod with AutoMod and also had to enter some files manually.

Thanks, :beg:
chenpm    
Crewman
Crewman

phpBB Knowledge: 3

Postby chenpm » 24 May 2010, 11:44

I still need some kind soul to take pity on this neophyte.

Last message:

Where can I get some advice on installing Advertisement Management 1.0.9?

I got the following error message after installing Advertisement Management 1.0.9:

"XML error: Not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1. View the file ./../store/mods/Advertisement Management 1.0.9/contrib/[How To] Add Positions.txt in a web browser for a more detailed error message."

How can I correct it?

I installed the Mod with AutoMod and also had to enter some files manually.

Thanks, :beg:
chenpm    
Crewman
Crewman

phpBB Knowledge: 3

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous MODs, Hacks and Downloads