phpBB 3.0.2 RC1

Generic, discuss anything about or related to phpBB3 (Olympus) here.
-- No support or MOD requests --
Forum rules
READ: StarTrekGuide.com Board Rules

Generic discussion of anything phpBB or phpBB3 "Olympus" related.
Only specific phpBB discussions please.

No Support or MOD Requests

Re: phpBB 3.0.2 RC1

Postby Highway of Life » 20 Jun 2008, 15:31

Unless you are specifically a phpBB3 QA tester of some kind, you SHOULD NOT install any of the RC's, wait for the 3.0.2 version to be released.
The RC cycles are very very short, so you do not need to wait long.
RC1 *is* unstable and there are issues with it, so there will be an RC2.
Watch out! I might do a code wheelie!

User avatar
Highway of Life    
STG Jedi Master
STG Jedi Master
 
Posts: 10458
Joined: 08 May 2006, 05:23
Location: Beware of Programmers carrying screwdrivers
Gender: Male
phpBB Knowledge: 10


Re: phpBB 3.0.2 RC1

Postby Semi_Deus » 20 Jun 2008, 15:43

eviL3 wrote:Actually 24, you forgot 2.0.0. :P

AARGH :swoon2:
Former Moderator & Styles team member
Image
User avatar
Semi_Deus
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 2479
Joined: 13 Feb 2007, 13:53
Location: Netherlands
Favorite Team: Ajax
Gender: Male
phpBB Knowledge: 8

Re: phpBB 3.0.2 RC1

Postby statm1 » 20 Jun 2008, 15:54

Highway of Life wrote:Unless you are specifically a phpBB3 QA tester of some kind, you SHOULD NOT install any of the RC's, wait for the 3.0.2 version to be released.
The RC cycles are very very short, so you do not need to wait long.
RC1 *is* unstable and there are issues with it, so there will be an RC2.

Why is the QA mailing list public if the public isn't supposed to test the RCs? :D
User avatar
statm1    
Style Author
Style Author
 
Posts: 179
Joined: 11 Aug 2007, 03:34
Location: NC, USA
Favorite Team: STL Cardinals
Gender: Male
phpBB Knowledge: 7

Re: phpBB 3.0.2 RC1

Postby Semi_Deus » 20 Jun 2008, 15:58

So you can subscribe to it, and THEN test it ;)
Former Moderator & Styles team member
Image
User avatar
Semi_Deus
Admiral
Admiral
 
Posts: 2479
Joined: 13 Feb 2007, 13:53
Location: Netherlands
Favorite Team: Ajax
Gender: Male
phpBB Knowledge: 8

Re: phpBB 3.0.2 RC1

Postby Highway of Life » 20 Jun 2008, 16:00

statm1 wrote:
Highway of Life wrote:Unless you are specifically a phpBB3 QA tester of some kind, you SHOULD NOT install any of the RC's, wait for the 3.0.2 version to be released.
The RC cycles are very very short, so you do not need to wait long.
RC1 *is* unstable and there are issues with it, so there will be an RC2.

Why is the QA mailing list public if the public isn't supposed to test the RCs? :D
Because anybody can test it if they want to, but they shouldn't get the impression that it's time to upgrade their live site when an RC comes out. :D
They could, but it?s certainly not recommended.
Watch out! I might do a code wheelie!

User avatar
Highway of Life    
STG Jedi Master
STG Jedi Master
 
Posts: 10458
Joined: 08 May 2006, 05:23
Location: Beware of Programmers carrying screwdrivers
Gender: Male
phpBB Knowledge: 10

Re: phpBB 3.0.2 RC1

Postby statm1 » 20 Jun 2008, 16:10

Well, that was the mantra all through the RC process before v3 went gold.. I wasn't trying to imply that you should use the RCs on a live site..
User avatar
statm1    
Style Author
Style Author
 
Posts: 179
Joined: 11 Aug 2007, 03:34
Location: NC, USA
Favorite Team: STL Cardinals
Gender: Male
phpBB Knowledge: 7

Re: phpBB 3.0.2 RC1

Postby Highway of Life » 20 Jun 2008, 16:31

Kinda... yeah. RC's were supported, and you could run RC on your live site, so that really wasn't an issue, now that 3 has been released, people really shouldn?t run the RC unless they are testing it. :)
Watch out! I might do a code wheelie!

User avatar
Highway of Life    
STG Jedi Master
STG Jedi Master
 
Posts: 10458
Joined: 08 May 2006, 05:23
Location: Beware of Programmers carrying screwdrivers
Gender: Male
phpBB Knowledge: 10

Re: phpBB 3.0.2 RC1

Postby statm1 » 21 Jun 2008, 15:07

Well yes during mid to late RCs you really didnt care if they were on a live site.. But it was still kinda implied..
User avatar
statm1    
Style Author
Style Author
 
Posts: 179
Joined: 11 Aug 2007, 03:34
Location: NC, USA
Favorite Team: STL Cardinals
Gender: Male
phpBB Knowledge: 7

Re: phpBB 3.0.2 RC1

Postby eviL3 » 21 Jun 2008, 16:50

The 3.0.0 RCs were fully supported. I doubt this is the case with minor releases.
Image
User avatar
eviL3    
MOD Author
MOD Author
 
Posts: 1002
Joined: 05 Nov 2006, 08:14
Location: Cooking in the MODs kitchen
Gender: Male

Re: phpBB 3.0.2 RC1

Postby Highway of Life » 21 Jun 2008, 17:30

eviL3 wrote:The 3.0.0 RCs were fully supported. I doubt this is the case with minor releases.

We of all people should know. :tease:
Watch out! I might do a code wheelie!

User avatar
Highway of Life    
STG Jedi Master
STG Jedi Master
 
Posts: 10458
Joined: 08 May 2006, 05:23
Location: Beware of Programmers carrying screwdrivers
Gender: Male
phpBB Knowledge: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Olympus Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests