[9/16/07 - 9/22/07] Secret Challenge

phpBB3 and MOD challenges setup by the staff to test and challenge your phpBB3 coding skills.

What would you rather have as the FIRST challenge? Descriptions in first post

Up/Down Script
17%
Advanced Dates
17%
Simple Template System
25%
Advanced Uploader
25%
Plug & Play Modules
17%

Total votes : 12

[9/16/07 - 9/22/07] Secret Challenge

Postby DualFusion » 04 Sep 2007, 19:26

Challenge: Ssh!! ;)
Deadline: Sunday September 22, 2007

This is the first challenge! So far its a secret and further details will be released on the date the challenge starts.

Participants:

Remember, these rules have to be followed: link
And if you want to join, just post it here!

Up/Down Script: Create the simplest up/down script you can. An example is when moving module and forums up and down in the acp. (10 extra points for javascript)
Advanced Dates: Create a form. The form will either generate a random date or the user will enter a random date. The date is in the form of a unix timestamp. The script will then generate the date according to the format the user wishes. Javascript is optional to speed things up. (10 extra points)
Simple Template System: Create the simplest way to load an html file, and replace any vars the user wishes which are in the html template. Variables in the html must be in brackets "{" and "}". Points will be awarded for anything extra you add that is not too advanced like allowing the user to add conditionals, loops, includes, nor anything of the sort. If something too advanced is added, points will not be awarded nor deducted. (5 extra points for every additional SIMPLE thing you add)
Advanced Uploader: The ability to upload multiple items and to upload them easily (Completely PHP). Optional upload bar (10 extra points). Javascript uploader (10 extra points)
Plug & Play Modules: Currently, in the ACP, in order to use a module, you need to install it. Create a new simple module system that will automatically load all the modules in a certain directory without installation. (20 extra points if you could integrate this into the current module adding system)

If a challenge has extra points available, besides the Simple Template System, you will have to do the original and then a new one with the modifications in order to receive the credit.

Only vote if you want to join in that challenge.

Edit: Well, today, (09-09-07), theres a 4-way tie between the first four items in the poll. I am going to post pone this one week, maybe get that announcement i wanted up.
WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DualFusion
Lt. Jr Grade
Lt. Jr Grade

phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide
Support STG
Using PayPal Donate

Re: [9/09/07 - 9/15/07] Secret Challenge

Postby T50Webmaster » 04 Sep 2007, 19:46

this does have to do with phpbb3 right

also what catergory is it like bbcode, scripts, stuff like that...
pssst...I heard that!!!
Free and paid webhosting
Busy with life, just IM me, or PM me at 110mb.com/forum

Webmaster of a Northeast Wisconsin Boy Scout Troop Website, http://bsat50.info
T50Webmaster    
MOD Author
MOD Author

Favorite Team: phpbb
phpBB Knowledge: 3

Postby DualFusion » 04 Sep 2007, 20:17

You will soon find out. I will give out more information by saturday.
DualFusion
Lt. Jr Grade
Lt. Jr Grade

Postby DualFusion » 06 Sep 2007, 16:27

I added a poll to see which challenge you would like best to be your FIRST. ;) Have fun. The descriptions of each challenge in the poll are in the first post. Only vote if you would like to join in that challenge.
DualFusion
Lt. Jr Grade
Lt. Jr Grade

Postby JBosmanx2 » 08 Sep 2007, 04:58

Could you give some more explanation to, what you mean with the template system?

Do you mean within the style of the forum. or for every user of that specific forum?
JBosmanx2
Cadet I
Cadet I

Postby Highway of Life » 08 Sep 2007, 13:48

The template system, as in $template->[insert your function here]
Which also relates to {SOME_VARIABLE_IN_THE_TEMPLATE} including <!-- BEGIN loops --> <!-- IF STATEMENTS --> and <!-- INCLUDE ing_files.html -->
Watch out! I might do a code wheelie!

Highway of Life    
STG Jedi Master
STG Jedi Master

phpBB Knowledge: 10

Postby DualFusion » 10 Sep 2007, 18:58

Well, today, (09-09-07), theres a 4-way tie between the first four items in the poll. I am going to post pone this one week, maybe get that announcement i wanted up. Going to wait until more ppl come in to vote.
DualFusion
Lt. Jr Grade
Lt. Jr Grade

Return to phpBB3 Challenges at phpBB Academy