Ok Guys! I've made it happen!
I just had to make a decision on what was more important: my re-modifying the forum or the functionality of the forum.
Of course its the second, keeping my members in mind.
Here is a summary of what I did:
- I upgraded from RC4 to 5 to 6 to 7 to Gold. All the patches you need are available here - http://sourceforge.net/project/download ... p&73715768
(sticking to the upgraded version)
- This would of course give you much bugs to deal with, such as being unable to login in ACP or being unable to post properly. You could try solving the bugs via these links in summary:
a. HTML editing - http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=584896
b. Making sure your login template is up to par & clearing your cache - http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 922#script
c. Making sure your Include files are debugged - http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=584898
(or you could do what I did to get rid of these bugs)
- Once I had the dbase slowly, but surely, updated to Gold, erased everything in the FORUM folder and re-uploaded a vanilla install of the Gold series!
- Copied back my config.php file, erased the install folder
- There you go!!!
*It really is not an absolutely good idea to keep modding a non-final version. So you may want to wait a while for the final release. Fresh uploading the forum keeps things under tight security that it would work.
- Reuploaded the images and avatars as needed.
- Remodded my header and footer manually. (copying your old header and footer might cause bugs due to the HTML code discrepancies)
- I will just need to remap the smilies as not all of them are showing from here. Please see this link to get the smilies. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=156&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=smily+pack+install
Hope this helps someone out there, as much as the support Team has guided me thru the process.
Just an inquiry left unanswered is how come I still don't have the "cancel" button available when I make posts, despite the vanilla install. Is this because it is a mod?