phpBB Part: Full script
MOD Name: OTF Gallery
MOD Version: 0.5.0
Author: Mighty Gorgon
MOD Description: OTF Gallery is a really simple gallery system which allows admins to quickly upload and create Gallery Pages without using the DB for storing informations. Thumbnails are automatically generated.
- phpBB 3.0
Licence: GNU General Public License v2
Installation Level: Easy
Installation Time: 5 Minutes
Download File: http://www.icyphoenix.com/dload.php?action=license&license_id=1&file_id=51
- phpBB 3
- FTP access to the server
- CHMOD 777 to cache folder for storing thumbnails
- GD Libraries 2.x.x or above (it may works even with GD1 but it is not fully tested)
HOW TO INSTALL IT
- Check the requirements... if you fit in it, then download the package
- Unzip the package and upload all files contained in the root folder to your phpBB 3 root folder
- CHMOD 0777 files/album/cache/
- Upload one or more folders with images into files/album/otf/ folder
- Load otf_gallery.php into your browser
- Choose your gallery from the dropdown and click on GO
- What is this mod for?
This mod is a quick gallery system to be feeded by admins. It has been created to show images thumbnail in a gallery style by simply uploading folders with images. Since this system doesn't rely on DB, then no special features are available such as rating, commenting, and anything else which should be DB related. It is just an easy way to show images in an automated way. No need to create extra HTML pages with your images.
- Is this a full gallery system?
No it isn't, and no extra special features will be added. It is meant just to give quick gallery pages. If you are looking for a full gallery system this MOD is not for you.
- Does this system use DB to store information in?
No OTF Gallery relies only on physical files, so gallery are created when uploading folders via FTP and are deleted when folders are delted.
- Does this gallery have a thumbnails system?
Yes, this gallery has a thumbnails system based on GD libraries, so you will need GD to be able to use this feature. Thumbnails are stored in a cache folders so to be quickly accessible.
- Is this tool configurable?
Only few options are available and must be directly edited into includes/fap/otf_config.php.
- Can normal users upload pictures into OTF Gallery?
Since OTF Gallery is based on physical files, only those who have FTP access to the main OTF folder may upload pictures in it. As already said, this is only a quick gallery system... to have a full gallery system with upload and other features you should use another system.
- Is it difficult to be installed?
No phpBB 3 core files editing are required. If your server support GD libraries and those are installed properly, you will need just to upload all the files and use it.
Since I would like this mod to remain a simple one, I won't add many features into it, hopefully only an HTTP upload form in the future may be added as well as pictures deletion capability. I'm in the process of coding a more complex gallery system with extra features, but it is another mod and it is still in the coding phase.
I'll repeat again:
If you are looking for a full gallery system this MOD is not for you.
Feedbacks and comments are really welcome. Please use this topic for bugs reporting as well.