We are very pleased to announce the availability of the phpBB 3.0.0 package.
Please note that we urge you to update - we only support the latest version here.
3.0.0 has seen some some critical bugs fixed, including:
- [Fix] Cleaned usernames contain only single spaces, so "a_name" and "a__name" are treated as the same name (Bug #15634)
- [Fix] Check "able to disable word censor" option while applying word censor on text (Bug #15974)
- [Fix] Rollback changes on failed transaction if returning on sql error, if set
- [Fix] Call garbage_collection() within database updater to correctly close connections (affects Oracle for example)
Please refer to the changelog for a complete list of fixes since RC8:http://www.phpbb.com/support/documents. ... &version=3
A short explanation of how to do a conversion, installation or update is included within the provided INSTALL.html file, please be sure to read it.Minimum Requirements
phpBB3 has a few requirements which must be met before you are able to install and use it.
- A webserver or web hosting account running on any major Operating System with support for PHP
- A SQL database system, one of:
- MySQL 3.23 or above (MySQLi supported)
- PostgreSQL 7.3+
- SQLite 2.8.2+
- Firebird 2.0+
- MS SQL Server 2000 or above (directly or via ODBC)
- PHP 4.3.3+ (>=4.3.3, >4.4.x, >5.x.x, >6.0-dev (compatible)) with support for the database you intend to use.
- getimagesize() function need to be enabled
- These optional presence of the following modules within PHP will provide access to additional features, but they are not required.
- zlib Compression support
- Remote FTP support
- XML support
- Imagemagick support
- GD Support
The presence of each of these optional modules will be checked during the installation process.Security
Security issues found should be reported to our security tracker
in the usual way.Available packages
If you experience problems with the automatic update (white screens, timeouts, etc.) we recommend using the "changed files only" or "patch" method for updating.
With this release, there are four packages available.
- Full Package
Contains entire phpBB3 source and english language files.
- Changed Files Only
Contains only those files changed from previous versions of phpBB3. Please note this archive contains changed files for each previous release.
- Patch Files
Contains patch compatible patches from previous versions of phpBB3.
- Automatic Update Package
Update package for the automatic updater, containing the changes from previous release to this release.
Select whichever package is most suitable for you.Please ensure you read the INSTALL and README documents in docs/ before proceeding with installation, updates or conversions!
Have fun with the release,
the phpBB Team