Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Still A ' Very Big Possibility'
While Tarantino is deep into post-production for his upcoming 1960s film Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and has recently overseen an extended miniseries edit of The Hateful Eight for Netflix, the filmmaker still has plans to develop a Star Trek film for Paramount.
"It’s a very big possibility. I haven’t been dealing with those guys for a while cause I’ve been making [Once Upon a Time in Hollywood]," explained Tarantino in an interview with /Film. "But we’ve talked about a story and a script. The script has been written and when I emerge my head like Punxsutawney Phil, post-Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, we’ll pick up talking about it again."Click the button below to start this article in quick view. Start now
Tarantino had successfully pitched his take on Star Trek to producer J.J. Abrams in December 2017 with the story idea being scripted by a writers' room assembled by Abrams' production company Bad Robot.
While little is known about Tarantino's Star Trek film, he is expected to direct with the cast from Abrams' rebooted trilogy reprising their roles and lean into more mature subject matter than previous depictions of the franchise.
In the meantime, fans can see Tarantino's next film, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, when it opens in theaters everywhere on August 19.
More on this: 13 stories
- Star Trek: Jonathan Frakes Wants to Work With Quentin Tarantino but Thinks Franchise's Future May Be on Television
- Quentin Tarantino Claims His Star Trek Film Is Still a "Very Big Possibility"
- Quentin Tarantino Star Trek Movie Still "A Very Big Possibility"
- Tarantino's 'Star Trek' Still in Development
- Quentin Tarantino gives update on his Star Trek movie
- Netflix got Quentin Tarantino to turn The Hateful Eight into a miniseries
- Quentin Tarantino says his Star Trek project is still happening
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Script Has Already Been Written
- Tarantino Trek Movie Still In Play?
- Quentin Tarantino Says His 'Star Trek' Film Is Still A 'Big Possibility'
- Pulp science-fiction? How Quentin Tarantino could save Star Trek
- Quentin Tarantino considering Star Trek as his final film?
- 7 Surefire Signs It's a Tarantino 'Star Trek' Sequel