A ‘Star Trek 4’ Update from nuSpock [Zachary Quinto] Himself
Yes, it does still seem like Star Trek 4 (set in the JJ Abrams-kicked off Kevlin timeline) is still shelved indefinitely. It just didn’t seem to come together for Paramount, the stars, or the early-named director who would have been the first woman to direct in the franchise.
Star Zachary Quinto just offered his thoughts on the film, which would have (or will, we’re trying to be positive here) him stepping back into the role of the pointy-eared Science Officer Spock.
While speaking with Vulture about a very different role- Charlie Manx on AMC’s horror miniseries NOS4A2– Quinto said he’d still like to go back to the Enterprise again.
We’ll of course let you know what we hear about Star Trek 4 moving forward, and anything about that Quinten Tarantino ‘Trek project as well.
AMC’s NOS4A2 premieres this weekend, on June 2nd.
About Mary Anne Butler
Bleeding Cool News Editor Mary Anne Butler (Mab, for short) has been part of the fast-paced world of journalism since she was 15, getting her start in album reviews and live concert coverage for a nationally published (print) music magazine. She eventually transitioned to online media, writing for such sites as UGO/IGN, ComicsOnline, Geek Magazine, Ace of Geeks, Aggressive Comix (where she is still Editor-in-Chief), and most recently Bleeding Cool.
Over the past 10 years, she’s built a presence at conventions across the globe as a cosplayer (occasionally), photographer (constantly), panelist and moderator (mostly), and reporter (always).
Interviews, reviews, observations, breaking news, and objective reporting are the name of the game for the founder of Harkonnen Knife Fight, a Dune-themed band with an international presence.
Though she be but little, she is fierce. #MabTheProfessional
(Last Updated June 1, 2019 11:21 am )
More on this: 623 stories
- Star Trek Head Alex Kurtzman Explains How Star Wars Influenced His Approach to the Franchise
- Star Trek: Section 31 Plans to Begin Filming Immediately After Discovery Season 3 Wraps
- Star Trek's Alex Kurtzman Has a 5 to 10 Year Plan for the Franchise
- Alex Kurtzman Updates Us on Future of Star Trek Television
- "Star Trek: Short Treks" Season 2 Mission to Include 2 Animated Episodes
- Alex Kurtzman wants Star Trek to appeal to a younger demographic
- Jonathan Frakes Wraps on Star Trek: Picard
- Link Tank: An Anthony Bourdain Food Trail Has Grand Opening
- Alice Eve Returns as Carol Marcus for Star Trek Fleet Command
- Star Trek: Alex Kurtzman Addresses Discovery Spock & Pike Future
- Tarantino Star Trek must be Canon, Regardless of any Ratings
- Star Trek Miniature Phaser At San Diego Comic Con
- Star Trek: Section 31 Spinoff To Film After Discovery Season 3
- Star Trek: The 10 Most Heartbreaking Deaths, Ranked
- A Look Back: The Next Generation
- Star Trek EP Says He's Mapped Out The Franchise's Next 5 To 10 Years
- Star Trek's Jonathan Frakes Joins In On Captain Picard Day Celebrations
- "Star Trek: Picard": Jonathan Frakes' Directing Duties Have Wrapped
- Star Trek: Picard EP Teases Series' Ensemble Cast
- Several Animated Star Trek Projects Will Be Aimed at Kids
- Kurtzman On The Future Of Star Trek
- Is Star Trek about to have its very own Last Jedi moment?
- Kurtzman Talks Busy "Star Trek" TV Future
- Star Trek: Discovery Showrunner Thinking About the Enterprise's Return
- Hallmark announces 2019 convention exclusive Star Trek ornament