Star Trek: Discovery: The Enterprise War First Look Revealed
Fans championing the cause for Captain Christopher Pike will be excited to learn that the cover art for Star Trek: Discovery: The Enterprise War has been revealed. The new novel from John Jackson Miller takes place during the events of the first season of Star Trek: Discovery. The novel will reveal what the USS Enterprise was doing while the Federation-Klingon War was taking place.
The Enterprise’s whereabouts during the Federation-Klingon War were only hinted at in Star Trek: Discovery’s second season. Capt. Pike (Anson Mount) struggled with guilt over not having fought during the conflict. Cmdr. Michael Burnham (Sonequa Martin-Green) assured him that the Enterprise was too far out in deep space to have returned in time to make a difference. Adm. Katrina Cornwell assured Pike that he and his crew were left out of the war because Starfleet wanted to protect its best should things go poorly for the Federation.
You can take a look at the cover art below. The official book synopsis follows:
“A shattered ship, a divided crew—trapped in the infernal nightmare of conflict!
Hearing of the outbreak of hostilities between the United Federation of Planets and the Klingon Empire, Captain Christopher Pike attempts to bring the U.S.S. Enterprise home to join in the fight. But in the hellish nebula known as the Pergamum, the stalwart commander instead finds an epic battle of his own, pitting ancient enemies against one another—with not just the Enterprise, but her crew as the spoils of war.
Lost and out of contact with Earth for an entire year, Pike and his trusted first officer, Number One, struggle to find and reunite the ship’s crew—all while Science Officer Spock confronts a mystery that puts even his exceptional skills to the test…with more than their own survival possibly riding on the outcome….”
Mount’s performance has Pike proved to be a hit with Star Trek: Discovery viewers. Some of those fans are now campaigning to see Mount lead a spinoff series following the adventures of Pike, Spock (Ethan Peck), and Number One (Rebecca Romijn) before the ship is turned over to the command of Capt. James Kirk in Star Trek: The Original Series.1comments
Star Trek producer Alex Kurtzman has stated that the support from fans has been heard, but no official movement on such a spinoff project has been announced. In the meantime, fans can enjoy learning about the Enterprise’s exploits during the show’s first season in Star Trek: Discovery: The Enterprise War when it releases in July, and learning about what happens to Spock, Pike and the rest after the second season’s conclusion in Star Trek: Discovery — Aftermath, a new comic book miniseries from IDW Publishing launching in August.
Are you excited about Star Trek: Discovery: The Enterprise War? Let us know in the comments.
Have you subscribed to ComicBook Nation, the official Podcast of ComicBook.com yet? Check it out by clicking here or listen below.
In this latest episode we talk about the brand new Rambo: Last Blood trailer, the brand new Godzilla: King Of The Monsters movie, Marvel's new Avengers game, Batman production news, and more! Make sure to subscribe now to never miss an episode!
More on this: 623 stories
- Star Trek Head Alex Kurtzman Explains How Star Wars Influenced His Approach to the Franchise
- Star Trek: Section 31 Plans to Begin Filming Immediately After Discovery Season 3 Wraps
- Star Trek's Alex Kurtzman Has a 5 to 10 Year Plan for the Franchise
- Alex Kurtzman Updates Us on Future of Star Trek Television
- "Star Trek: Short Treks" Season 2 Mission to Include 2 Animated Episodes
- Alex Kurtzman wants Star Trek to appeal to a younger demographic
- Jonathan Frakes Wraps on Star Trek: Picard
- Link Tank: An Anthony Bourdain Food Trail Has Grand Opening
- Alice Eve Returns as Carol Marcus for Star Trek Fleet Command
- Star Trek: Alex Kurtzman Addresses Discovery Spock & Pike Future
- Tarantino Star Trek must be Canon, Regardless of any Ratings
- Star Trek Miniature Phaser At San Diego Comic Con
- Star Trek: Section 31 Spinoff To Film After Discovery Season 3
- Star Trek: The 10 Most Heartbreaking Deaths, Ranked
- A Look Back: The Next Generation
- Star Trek EP Says He's Mapped Out The Franchise's Next 5 To 10 Years
- Star Trek's Jonathan Frakes Joins In On Captain Picard Day Celebrations
- "Star Trek: Picard": Jonathan Frakes' Directing Duties Have Wrapped
- Star Trek: Picard EP Teases Series' Ensemble Cast
- Several Animated Star Trek Projects Will Be Aimed at Kids
- Kurtzman On The Future Of Star Trek
- Is Star Trek about to have its very own Last Jedi moment?
- Kurtzman Talks Busy "Star Trek" TV Future
- Star Trek: Discovery Showrunner Thinking About the Enterprise's Return
- Hallmark announces 2019 convention exclusive Star Trek ornament