Mindy Kaling In Talks To Bring Ms. Marvel To The MCU
Captain Marvel struck theaters earlier this year like a lightning bolt, garnering solid critical reviews and making huge amounts of cash. So obviously, Marvel Studios is interested in expanding the character’s lore in any way possible, and fans are clamoring to see her Ms. Marvel successor Kamala Khan hit the big screen next.
Now, The Office alum Mindy Kaling has revealed that she’s taken talks with House of Ideas to bring the character to life. In an interview with MTV News, she explained that she’s had discussions with Disney regarding a Kamala Khan project, saying:
Kevin Feige has previously confirmed the MCU will introduce Kamala, but in a manner both natural to their overarching story and respectful to the character’s history.
As most comic book fans are aware, Carol Danvers wasn’t the first Captain Marvel. Before taking up that mantle, Danvers spent the first few decades of her publication as Ms. Marvel, which she eventually moved on from in 2014. Since someone needed to fill that void, Sana Amanat and G. Willow Wilson relaunched the title with Kamala Khan, a super-powered teenager and Carol’s biggest fan.
Khan is Marvel’s first Muslim character to headline her own comic book, and Kaling and several other Desi entertainers, like Men in Black: International’s Kumail Nanjiani and Rogue One‘s Riz Ahmed, have been vocal in their support of adapting the Pakistani-American superhero from the page to the screen.
Considering both fans and big name stars alike are calling for Kamala Khan’s introduction to the MCU, and Captain Marvel is set to lead the way for the next Phase, it should be safe to assume we’ll see Ms. Marvel pop up on screen sooner rather than later.
Source: MTV News
More on this: 623 stories
- Star Trek Head Alex Kurtzman Explains How Star Wars Influenced His Approach to the Franchise
- Star Trek: Section 31 Plans to Begin Filming Immediately After Discovery Season 3 Wraps
- Star Trek's Alex Kurtzman Has a 5 to 10 Year Plan for the Franchise
- Alex Kurtzman Updates Us on Future of Star Trek Television
- "Star Trek: Short Treks" Season 2 Mission to Include 2 Animated Episodes
- Alex Kurtzman wants Star Trek to appeal to a younger demographic
- Jonathan Frakes Wraps on Star Trek: Picard
- Link Tank: An Anthony Bourdain Food Trail Has Grand Opening
- Alice Eve Returns as Carol Marcus for Star Trek Fleet Command
- Star Trek: Alex Kurtzman Addresses Discovery Spock & Pike Future
- Tarantino Star Trek must be Canon, Regardless of any Ratings
- Star Trek Miniature Phaser At San Diego Comic Con
- Star Trek: Section 31 Spinoff To Film After Discovery Season 3
- Star Trek: The 10 Most Heartbreaking Deaths, Ranked
- A Look Back: The Next Generation
- Star Trek EP Says He's Mapped Out The Franchise's Next 5 To 10 Years
- Star Trek's Jonathan Frakes Joins In On Captain Picard Day Celebrations
- "Star Trek: Picard": Jonathan Frakes' Directing Duties Have Wrapped
- Star Trek: Picard EP Teases Series' Ensemble Cast
- Several Animated Star Trek Projects Will Be Aimed at Kids
- Kurtzman On The Future Of Star Trek
- Is Star Trek about to have its very own Last Jedi moment?
- Kurtzman Talks Busy "Star Trek" TV Future
- Star Trek: Discovery Showrunner Thinking About the Enterprise's Return
- Hallmark announces 2019 convention exclusive Star Trek ornament