Star Trek Supercut Shows Every "Make It So" In The Next Generation
StarTrek.com is celebrating Picard Week in preparation for Picard Day on June 16th, a tradition born of the holiday the children on the Enterprise-D celebrating during Star Trek: The Next Generation. As part of this observance, the StarTrek.com team has put together a supercut of every "Make it So" spoken throughout Star Trek: The Next Generation. The vast majority of them come from Patrick Stewart as Capt. Picard, but not all of them. You can watch a preview of the supercut above and head over to StarTrek.com to see the full video.
Stewart returns to his role as Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek: Picard, coming to CBS All Access. The first block of Star Trek: Picard — consisting of the show’s first two episodes — has wrapped filming. The first two episodes were directed by Hanelle Culpepper, making her the first woman to helm the launch of a new Star Trek series in the franchise’s 53-year history. Culpepper made her Star Trek debut directing the episode “Vaulting Ambition” in Star Trek: Discovery’s first season. “Hanelle is a gifted and dynamic filmmaker whose directorial choices are always deeply rooted in character,” Alex Kurtzman, Discovery’s co-creator, executive producer and showrunner said when Culpepper's involvement with Picard was announced. “I’ve been a fan of her work since she started with us on Discovery, and she’s the perfect person to re-introduce the beloved character of Picard to longtime fans and new viewers alike. We’re thrilled she’s joining our Trek family on this next adventure.”
Jonathan Frakes will direct the second block of Star Trek: Picard, the third and fourth episodes. Frakes was Stewart's co-star in Star Trek: The Next Generation. He also learned to direct while working on the series. He shared a photo of his reunion with Stewart as he began work on the show.
“Eighteen years later. I think the fans are going to be thrilled and excited and surprised,” Frakes says. “I have had the privilege of reading the first couple of episodes and I have spent some time with Patrick who is so engaged [laughs] Sorry. It’s wonderful. It’s smart. I’m excited about it. He is obviously more excited. His announcing of it at Las Vegas — which I believe was his idea —was very smart. You know he is 78, and he is going to be carrying the show on his shoulders, his considerable shoulders.
“I’m excited for him and personally, I feel so blessed to back,” he continues. “It’s so ironic that I spent so many years trying to expand where I was working and I was lucky enough to get onto other types of shows. The directing has been a mitzvah for me—to learn another craft. And now I am deeply ensconced in the world I was in 31 years ago—and I’ve got to say—incredibly grateful for it, between The Orville, and Discovery and Picard. And hopefully the Empress Georgiou show.”0comments
Are you excited about Star Trek: Picard? Let us know in the comments.
Have you subscribed to ComicBook Nation, the official Podcast of ComicBook.com yet? Check it out by clicking here or listen below.
In this latest episode we go all-in on Marvel's Avengers, the Frozen 2 trailer, and a whole ton of E3 news! Make sure to subscribe now to never miss an episode!
More on this: 623 stories
- Star Trek Head Alex Kurtzman Explains How Star Wars Influenced His Approach to the Franchise
- Star Trek: Section 31 Plans to Begin Filming Immediately After Discovery Season 3 Wraps
- Star Trek's Alex Kurtzman Has a 5 to 10 Year Plan for the Franchise
- Alex Kurtzman Updates Us on Future of Star Trek Television
- "Star Trek: Short Treks" Season 2 Mission to Include 2 Animated Episodes
- Alex Kurtzman wants Star Trek to appeal to a younger demographic
- Jonathan Frakes Wraps on Star Trek: Picard
- Link Tank: An Anthony Bourdain Food Trail Has Grand Opening
- Alice Eve Returns as Carol Marcus for Star Trek Fleet Command
- Star Trek: Alex Kurtzman Addresses Discovery Spock & Pike Future
- Tarantino Star Trek must be Canon, Regardless of any Ratings
- Star Trek Miniature Phaser At San Diego Comic Con
- Star Trek: Section 31 Spinoff To Film After Discovery Season 3
- Star Trek: The 10 Most Heartbreaking Deaths, Ranked
- A Look Back: The Next Generation
- Star Trek EP Says He's Mapped Out The Franchise's Next 5 To 10 Years
- Star Trek's Jonathan Frakes Joins In On Captain Picard Day Celebrations
- "Star Trek: Picard": Jonathan Frakes' Directing Duties Have Wrapped
- Star Trek: Picard EP Teases Series' Ensemble Cast
- Several Animated Star Trek Projects Will Be Aimed at Kids
- Kurtzman On The Future Of Star Trek
- Is Star Trek about to have its very own Last Jedi moment?
- Kurtzman Talks Busy "Star Trek" TV Future
- Star Trek: Discovery Showrunner Thinking About the Enterprise's Return
- Hallmark announces 2019 convention exclusive Star Trek ornament