Star Trek Producer Still Thinking About How to Bring Back Pike, Spock, and Number One
Star Trek: Discovery's second season introduced Anson Mount’s Capt. Pike, Ethan Peck’s Spock, and Rebecca Romijn’s Number One. Fans took to these new incarnations of classic characters and some have been campaigning to see more of them in a spinoff series. While it doesn’t sound like anything solid is in the works yet, Star Trek producer Alex Kurtzman tells Deadline’s Crew Call podcast that the idea hasn’t been forgotten.
“I would be remiss in saying you’re going to see Spock again on Discovery because we’ve obviously jumped so far into the future that it wouldn’t make sense,” Kurtzman says, referring Discovery’s leap more than 900 years into the future at the end of its second season, “but the idea of bringing Ethan [Peck] back, and Anson [Mount] and Rebecca [Romijn] and the Enterprise, I mean, we loved it so much, and to find a way to do that is definitely something we’re thinking about.”
Peck and Romijn will reprise their respective Star Trek roles for an upcoming episode of Star Trek: Short Treks. Peck has said in past interviews that he would love to play Spock again.
“I would like to come back because being a part of Star Trek is like magic,” Peck said. “It’s funny, I think Star Trek is so divisive amongst people in the world that are like, ‘Never seen it, not interested.’ And those that do see it are very attached and find themselves very connected with it. To be a part of something like that is just really special. Now I feel like I’ve done a lot of the groundwork and Spock is very much a part of me. I’m the same but different having finished it. So would I like to continue? Yeah. I think it would be great.”
Kurtzman has previously stated that the calls from fans for a spinoff featuring Pike and Spock have been heard. “The fans have been heard,” Kurtzman said during an interview. “Anything is possible in the world of Trek. I would love to bring back that crew more than anything. It was a huge risk for us. One of the most gratifying things is to see how deeply the fans have embraced Pike, Spock, Number One and the Enterprise. The idea of getting to tell more stories with them would be a delight for all of us.”0comments
Do you think there's hope for a new series with Pike, Spock, and Number One? Let us know in the comments.
Have you subscribed to ComicBook Nation, the official Podcast of ComicBook.com yet? Check it out by clicking here or listen below.
In this latest episode we go all-in on Spider-Man: Far From Home with a spoiler-free review, big changes coming to WWE with the return of Eric Bischoff, a bit of Henry Cavill news and more! Make sure to subscribe now to never miss an episode!
More on this: 16 stories
- Star Trek is officially bringing back Captain Pike and Spock
- Star Trek: Discovery boss teases a return for Spock and more key characters
- Star Trek: Discovery's Spock, Ethan Peck, Cast in Penny Dreadful Spinoff
- Star Trek: Spock and Number One to Return in Short Treks
- Star Trek's Ethan Peck And Rebecca Romijn To Return In New Short Trek
- Short Treks episode starring Ethan Peck And Rebecca Romijn on the way
- According to Alex Kurtzman, Pike and the Enterprise could return
- Star Trek: Discovery Showrunner Thinking About the Enterprise's Return
- Star Trek: Ethan Peck Wants to Continue Playing Spock
- Star Trek: Anson Mount Would Love to Play Captain Pike Again
- Star Trek: Discovery's Pike and Spock are keen to play the characters again
- Star Trek: Discovery's Ethan Peck Discusses Spock's Potential Return
- Star Trek: Anson Mount Reveals If He'd Reprise Role as Captain Pike
- How Star Trek: Discovery Season 3's Setting Frees Series From Canon
- Star Trek: Discovery's Anson Mount Shares Goodbye to Show
- REPORT: Star Trek: Discovery Losing Major Cast Members After Season 2