Quentin Tarantino Still Says He’s Only Making One More Movie After ‘Once Upon a Time’
Yes, Quentin Tarantino still plans to quit making movies after he hits 10. Which means yes, this summer’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood could very well end up being the penultimate feature film from writer/director Quentin Tarantino. The Oscar-winning filmmaker has long maintained that he wants to give up moviemaking after he hits his 10th film because, to his mind, a director’s quality of work only gets worse as they go along. Tarantino feels like he wants to leave behind an oeuvre without a single misfire, and so far he’s on his way.
Speaking with GQ Australia, Tarantino reiterated the fact that he’s going to retire from filmmaking after his next movie:
In fact, Tarantino even takes a moment to consider retiring after Once Upon a Time in Hollywood at the interviewer’s suggestion:
And while Tarantino certainly loves to talk about plans that may or may not ever come to fruition (RIP The Vega Brothers, Kill Bill Vol. 3, etc.), Once Upon a Time in Hollywood star Brad Pitt believes he’s serious about hanging up his directing hat:
We know that Tarantino is in talks to potentially direct a Star Trek movie for producer J.J. Abrams based on his own original idea, which is still very much in play. But if he does end up directing Trek, would Tarantino really go out with a non-original project? Doesn’t he have a deeply personal screenplay stashed away somewhere that he wants to make as his swan song? Or maybe I’m just trying to think of excuses that keep Tarantino making movies for the next few decades.
We’ll have to see what happens, but as of right now, Tarantino hasn’t changed his mind. We’ve almost seen the last Quentin Tarantino movie ever.
More on this: 37 stories
- Quentin Tarantino says his R-rated Star Trek movie is "Pulp Fiction in space", could be his final film
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Would Be Pulp Fiction in Space
- Quentin Tarantino Says His STAR TREK Will Be “PULP FICTION In Space”
- Quentin unchained: what will Tarantino's 10th and final film be?
- Tarantino's Star Trek Will Be Pulp Fiction in Space with a Gangster Element
- Quentin Tarantino Says His Star Trek Movie Will Be Pulp Fiction In Space
- Tarantino's Trek Is "Pulp Fiction In Space"
- Star Trek May Be Tarantino's Last Movie If He Says Yes to Directing
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek May Not Be His Final Film
- Star Trek Could Be Quentin Tarantino's Last Movie
- Quentin Tarantino Says His Star Trek Movie Would Be His Last Film
- 'Star Trek' Will Be Quentin Tarantino's Last Film If He Commits To It
- Quentin Tarantino wants to retire from directing movies
- Quentin Tarantino Considering 'End of the Road' on Film Career
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood May Be Tarantino's Final Movie as a Director
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Can Be Great (But Only If It's A One-Off)
- William Shatner Doesn't Get the Fuss Over Tarantino's R-Rated Star Trek
- Quentin Tarantino's History of Franchise Almosts
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek movie would be R-rated, says director
- Quentin Tarantino: My Star Trek movie will be R-rated
- Quentin Tarantino wants to make an R-rated Star Trek movie
- Quentin Tarantino: His Star Trek film should not be canon
- Quentin Tarantino's Still Talking About Doing An R-Rated STAR TREK Movie
- Quentin Tarantino Star Trek Movie Has a Script
- Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Has a Script and It's Definitely R-Rated