Star Trek's Jonathan Frakes Tells You You're Right for 41 Seconds In New Viral Video
Jonathan Frakes may be best known for playing Cmdr. William Riker in Star Trek: The Next Generation, but in the 1990s, he also hosted the series Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction, which questioned unbelievable tales to search for truth. A typical episode saw Frakes recounting a tale and then revealing if it was -- wait for it -- fact or fiction. Usually, he'd ask the audience to get first.
YouTuber Ben O'Drowned put together a 41-second viral video fo Frakes confirming that you are right. The video is a nice counterbalance to the previous viral video that saw Frakes selling you how very wrong you are. If you want to know what you're right or wrong about, there's also a supercut of Frakes asking some truly wild questions.
Frakes doesn't work as much in front of the camera work these days, but he's an accomplished director. He started directing while working on Star Trek: The Next Generation. This year, he reunited with his The Next Generation co-star Patrick Stewart to direct two episodes of the upcoming CBS All Access series Star Trek: Picard. Frakes has said he’s happy to be back in Star Trek’s orbit again.
"Eighteen years later. I think the fans are going to be thrilled and excited and surprised,” Frakes said. “I have had the privilege of reading the first couple of episodes and I have spent some time with Patrick who is so engaged [laughs] Sorry. It’s wonderful. It’s smart. I’m excited about it. He is obviously more excited. His announcing of it at Las Vegas — which I believe was his idea —was very smart. You know he is 78, and he is going to be carrying the show on his shoulders, his considerable shoulders.0comments
“I’m excited for him and personally, I feel so blessed to back,” he continued. “It’s so ironic that I spent so many years trying to expand where I was working and I was lucky enough to get onto other types of shows. The directing has been a mitzvah for me—to learn another craft. And now I am deeply ensconced in the world I was in 31 years ago—and I’ve got to say—incredibly grateful for it, between The Orville, and Discovery and Picard. And hopefully the Empress Georgiou show.”
Do you think of this supercut of Jonathan Frakes? Do you find it comforting? Let us know how you feel about it in the comments section!
Have you subscribed to ComicBook Nation, the official Podcast of ComicBook.com yet? Check it out by clicking here or listen below.
In this latest episode we go all-in on Spider-Man: Far From Home with a spoiler-free review, big changes coming to WWE with the return of Eric Bischoff, a bit of Henry Cavill news and more! Make sure to subscribe now to never miss an episode!
More on this: 16 stories
- Star Trek: Picard's New Dog's Name Confirmed
- There's a Star Trek: The Next Generation Easter Egg on Picard's New Dog
- Star Trek's Jonathan Frakes Cursing About Robots Makes Us Want Him as a Supervillain
- Jonathan Frakes Wraps on Star Trek: Picard
- Star Trek's Jonathan Frakes Joins In On Captain Picard Day Celebrations
- Star Trek: Jonathan Frakes Shares Special Captain Picard Day Message
- Picard Day Explained (& Why The Star Trek Captain Would Hate It)
- Star Trek Supercut Shows Every "Make It So" In The Next Generation
- Star Trek's Jonathan Frakes Questions Everything in Viral Supercut Video
- Star Trek: Picard: Is Jonathan Frakes Teasing a Return as Riker?
- Is Jonathan Frakes Teasing A Return As Riker In Star Trek: Picard?
- Star Trek: Picard wraps first episodes after trailer proves successful
- Star Trek: Picard Has Wrapped Production on Its First Block of Episodes
- Patrick Stewart And Jonathan Frakes Reunite In Star Trek: Picard BTS Photo
- Star Trek: Jonathan Frakes Thinks The Next Generation Could Have Continued Past Season 7
- Star Trek: Jonathan Frakes Boards Picard Series (But Not as Riker)