Star Trek: Picard's Story Kicks Off in a Prequel Novel and Comic Book
While Star Trek: Picard won't premiere on CBS All Access until sometime in early 2020, fans can read all about the previously untold adventures of Jean-Luc Picard in official tie-in prequels.
Two tie-in prequels to the upcoming television series were announced at Star Trek Las Vegas earlier this week. The first, Star Trek: Picard - Countdown, is a three-issue miniseries from IDW Publishing. Slated for launch this November, the comic book is written by Michael Green and Picard producer Kirsten Beyer. It is rumored to follow Picard as he leads a rescue mission after the destruction of Romulus, as seen in the prime timeline of the 2009 Star Trek reboot. No artist for the miniseries has yet been announced.Click the button below to start this article in quick view. Start now
The second prequel is a prose novel titled The Last, Best Hope, written by Una McCormack with plans to be published by Simon & Schuster this February. The novel will serve as a direct lead-in to the series, introducing several of the cast's brand new characters rather than focusing on Picard himself.
In the CBS All Access series, the venerable Starfleet captain retired to run his family vineyard in France, after something led Picard to leave his life of duty to the Federation in favor of a quiet life back on Earth.
Star Trek: Picard stars Patrick Stewart, Alison Pill, Michelle Hurd, Evan Evagora, Isa Briones, Santiago Cabrera and Harry Treadaway. The series is set to premiere in 2020.
More on this: 10 stories
- Star Trek: The Original Series: The Antares Maelstrom Book Review
- Star Trek: Picard Prequel Comic, Novel Announced
- New Star Trek: Picard Prequels, Kelvin Timeline Books Announced
- Star Trek: Picard prequel comic book series and novel announced
- CBS's Star Trek: Picard is getting a prequel novel and comic series
- STLV 2019: Star Trek: Picard prequel comic and novel announced
- Star Trek: Picard Prequel Novel and Comic Book Series in the Works
- 'Star Trek: Picard' to Get Prequel Novel and Comic Series
- Star Trek: How Not Being a Captain Changes Picard's Fight Against Injustice