Star Trek: Discovery’s Anson Mount teases he’d be up for Pike/Spock mini spin-off
Star Trek’s Anson Mount has teased he’d be up for starring in a spin-off with Ethan Peck’s Spock and Rebecca Romijn’s Number One.
The Captain Pike star, who bid farewell to Discovery and the USS Enterprise back in April in the show’s season two finale, hinted that he’d be up for returning to the universe in some shape or form.
Speaking at the Star Trek Las Vegas event, Anson said: ‘Obviously, it’s something I would love to do. It was never on my bucket list because I never thought it is something that could be on my bucket list.’
According to TrekMovie.com, the actor added: ‘It would be wonderful. I love the franchise. I love these people.
‘We will see. There are a lot of things going on at that network right now, and within the franchise.
‘And these decisions have to deal with many, many things that float above my pay grade or even outside my realm of knowledge. I am about up-to-date as you guys.’
Anson bowed out after one last voyage with his team in the episode titled Such Sweet Sorrow Part 2.
Thanking his fans on Twitter at the time, he wrote: ‘Tonight’s the night. Thank you to CBS All Access, Star Trek, CBS TV Studios, Alex Kurtzman, the entire writing staff, Sonequa Martin-Green, the entire cast & crew and, most importantly, TO THE FANS.
‘It’s been a hell of a ride. Thank you for letting me take it.’
Sharing an article online, he said: ‘I am humbled and deeply touched by this amount of love. I have NEVER received such gratitude.
‘Please know that my own gratitude at having been given the opportunity to walk in Captain Pike’s boots is equaled only by that which I feel for the Trek family’s devotion. Seriously, thank you from the bottom of my heart.’
Star Trek: Discovery is available to watch on Netflix.
Got a showbiz story?
If you've got a story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk Entertainment team by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page - we'd love to hear from you.Home › Entertainment › TV
More on this: 12 stories
- Star Trek: Discovery discusses Captain Pike/Spock spin-off possibility
- Mount And Peck: Short Treks And More
- STLV 2019: Anson Mount would “love” to do a Captain Pike series
- Star Trek is officially bringing back Captain Pike and Spock
- Star Trek: Discovery boss teases a return for Spock and more key characters
- Star Trek Producer Still Thinking About How to Bring Back Pike, Spock, and Number One
- Star Trek: Discovery's Spock, Ethan Peck, Cast in Penny Dreadful Spinoff
- Star Trek: Spock and Number One to Return in Short Treks
- Star Trek's Ethan Peck And Rebecca Romijn To Return In New Short Trek
- Short Treks episode starring Ethan Peck And Rebecca Romijn on the way
- According to Alex Kurtzman, Pike and the Enterprise could return
- Star Trek: Discovery Showrunner Thinking About the Enterprise's Return