Star Trek Actresses On Board For Concept Pilot Storyville
Four Star Trek actresses will be taking a part in a concept pilot called Storyville.
The actresses include Terry Farrell, Marina Sirtis, Kitty Swink, and Nana Visitor, who will be taking on the roles of the Madams of Storyville.
The description of the Indiegogo project for Storyville is as follows: “We are making a concept pilot and we have assembled a stellar cast of veteran Star Trek TV actresses to bring to life the madams of Storyville. In 1917, it’s the US Government vs. the Madams of Storyville. After twenty years of legalized vice, the federal government decided it was time to close all legal prostitution houses and they sent a reformer. The powerful madams at the time formed an unlikely alliance, and banded together, against all odds including segregation to fight the government.
“Little is known about this place in New Orleans history, the public library’s files of newspapers and periodicals from that time were vandalized, with countless issues carefully clipped of any mention of Storyville. The relevant pages on real estate, with the names of the Madams that owned property, were ripped out. History has tried to erase their lives and existence but we don’t want that to happen.”
Supporting the project means that “you are supporting: female filmmakers, stories with powerful female leads and the story of early female entrepreneurs, when land couldn’t be owned by women and jobs were few and poorly paid these ladies bucked the system and broke all the rules.”
The full cast includes: Visitor as Diana, Sirtis as Emma Johnson, Swink as Norma, Farrell, Emily Goss as Odelina LaChance, Jessica Clark as Countess Willie Piazza, Michael Kirby as Bascom, and Ian Littleworth as Troy LaChance.
The campaign runs for twenty-seven more days with a goal of raising $72,000. If the financial goal is met, Storyville will go into production in late October.
For more details on Storyville and the perks available for donating to the project, head to the link located here.
Source: Storyville Indiegogo
What do you think? Chat with other fans in the Star Trek: Deep Space nine forum at The Trek BBS.
More on this: 812 stories
- New Creepshow Trailer Previews The Twelve Tales of Terror
- "Creepshow" Offers Look at Things "That Will Drive You Insane" [Trailer]
- Star Trek: 10 Things You Never Knew About The Main Characters of Enterprise
- Academy Adds 7 Members to SciTech Council
- Eaglemoss Hero Collector debuts its first ever Star Trek variant cover for NYCC
- Star Trek's Robert Picardo attending this weekend's convention at Centre 200
- Star Trek: 10 Crazy Borg Fan Theories That Were Actually Confirmed
- Star Trek: Year Five #6 Variant Cover At NYCC
- Sirtis: A Fun Reunion With Some Next Generation Actors
- Star Trek: Picard Season 2 May Begin Filming in March
- Star Trek: Picard Season 2 Could Film In March Of Next Year
- Picard star Patrick Stewart thinks Star Trek fans will be "surprised" by series
- Star Trek: Patrick Stewart Thinks Fans May Be Shocked By Picard
- Hero Collector Brings U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 to IDW's Star Trek Year Five Variant For NYCC
- Star Trek TNG: 10 Behind-The-Scenes Secrets You Never Knew About The Makeup
- Star Trek: Picard Can Unite The Divided Fandom
- Lord of The Rings TV series: What we know so far
- Canadian stars Virtue, Moir say in video they're "stepping away" from ice dancing
- Virtue, Moir say in video they're "stepping away" from ice dancing
- Patrick Stewart Says Fans May Be Shocked By Star Trek: Picard
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Actor Anthony Rapp Talks Diversity, Science and New Role in 'Star Trek Online'
- 'SEAL Team' Showrunner Steps Down After CBS Investigation (Exclusive)
- Star Trek is aiming for a younger and more relevant revamp
- Star Trek: Discovery: Dead Endless Coming in December
- Star Trek TNG: 10 Questions About Data, Answered