Star Trek: Picard First Look at New Starfleet Insignia
Star Trek: Picard released its new trailer on Saturday at New York Comic Con. Released during the Star Trek Universe panel, the trailer offers a brief glimpse at the new Starfleet uniform and the combadge insignia attached to it. The first good look at that new Starfleet insignia comes from an unexpected place. Harry Treadaway plays Narek, a Romulan refugee who ends up on Jean-Luc Picard’s ship. He was at New York Comic Con for the Star Trek: Picard portion of the Star Trek Universe panel. He wore a hat that has the new Starfleet insignia on the front. It offers our best look yet at the new design. Take a look below.
Star Trek: Picard sees Sir Patrick Stewart reprising his role as Jean-Luc Picard, the character he played for seven seasons on Star Trek: The Next Generation. The new series will follow Picard into the next chapter of his life. Alongside Stewart, Star Trek: Picard also stars Isa Briones, Santiago Cabrera, Michelle Hurd, Alison Pill, Harry Treadaway, and Evan Evagora. The series is produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment. Alex Kurtzman, Michael Chabon, Akiva Goldsman, James Duff, Patrick Stewart, Heather Kadin, Rod Roddenberry, and Trevor Roth serve as executive producers and Aaron Baiers (Secret Hideout) serves as co-executive producer and Kirsten Beyer as supervising producer. Hanelle Culpepper directed the first two episodes of the series. Stewart’s Next Generation co-star Jonathan Frakes directed the third and fourth episodes of the season.
The first trailer for Star Trek: Picard released at San Diego Comic-Con 2019 and revealed that some familiar faces, both friend and foe, will return in the new series. Brent Spiner reprises his role as Data from Star Trek: The Next Generation. Star Trek: Voyager’s Jeri Ryan returns as Seven of Nine. The Borg will also play a role in the series, including Jonathan Del Arco as Hugh. The new trailer offers the first look at the returns of Jonathan Frakes as Will Riker and Marina Sirtis as Deanna Troi.
The first season of Star Trek: Picard will consist of 10 episodes. Stewart recently hinted that the second season may begin filming as soon as March 2020. “I am not giving up my stage work, though it may have to wait for now because there are three projects that I have finished, two films and the TV series, which all need promotion," Stewart said. "So I am clearing the decks for that and then there is also the possibility of a second Picard series filming in March next year.”
More on this: 561 stories
- Jared Harris, Lee Pace Lead Foundation, Apple's Asimov Series Adaptation
- Jared Harris, Lee Pace to Star on David S. Goyer's 'Foundation' Adaptation at Apple TV+
- Astronaut Wearing Star Trek Uniform, Quoting Janeway in Space Goes Viral
- 10 Best Outfits In Star Trek, Ranked
- Sandbox VR Raises Another $11 Million From a Group of Famous Backers
- Star Trek's First Post-Credits Scene Released Online
- How space affects women and men differently
- Paramount's Thinking Of Doing A Star Trek: Picard Movie
- We Need Tig Notaro's Jett Reno as a Star Trek: Discovery Regular
- Star Trek Producer Comments on Possiblity of a Discovery Movie
- Star Trek: Discovery Producer Addresses The Possibility Of A Movie
- Star Wars and Star Trek: Why are there no seatbelts on spaceships? AMAZING official reason
- 'Star Trek: Short Treks' Review: Did Spock Just Laugh in 'Q&A'?
- Top 10 Vulcans In Star Trek, Ranked
- What Christopher Lloyd Has Done Since Back To The Future
- Star Trek: Discovery Is Bringing Back Deep Space Nine's Alien Races
- Star Trek's Nickelodeon Animated Series Will Tell Serialized Stories
- John Cho Injured on Cowboy Bebop Set, Production Halted
- 10 Worst Outfits In Star Trek, Ranked
- Star Trek: 5 Scientifically Accurate Details (& 5 That Make No Sense)
- 'Jojo Rabbit' Composer Michael Giacchino on Setting the Right Tone
- Star Trek: The Next Generation: Collateral Damage Book Review
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Producer Sets Crime Drama at CBS
- Every Arrow Easter egg and callback in the season 8 premiere
- Nasa unveils new spacesuit for next Moon landing