Simon Pegg doesn’t think the NuTrek cast will appear in Noah Hawley’s Star Trek movie
Back in November it was announced that Paramount Pictures and Bad Robot’s plans for a fourth Star Trek movie were back on track, with Fargo and Legion creator Noah Hawley signing on to write and direct a fourth outing for the rebooted Kelvin timeline crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise.
However, speaking to GoldDerby, actor Simon Pegg (Scotty) has revealed that he’s yet to hear anything about the project, and actually casts some doubt on whether Hawley is working on Star Trek 4, or a new project entirely.
“I don’t know anything about it,” states Pegg. “I think Noah Hawley’s been hired to write something for Star Trek, which is very exciting. He’s a brilliant writer and always creates interesting stuff. Whether or not we’re involved with that, I don’t know. I don’t think so and I don’t think Noah’s thing is necessarily going to be Star Trek 4.”
Paramount had been planning on moving ahead with Star Trek 4 under director S.J. Clarkson (Jessica Jones), but the sequel fell apart when the studio was unable to reach deals with Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth, the latter of whom was being lined up to reprise his role from the 2009 film as George Kirk, the father of Pine’s James T.
A second feature, one shepherded by Quentin Tarantino and set in the Kelvin timeline, has also been in development for the past couple of years, although the filmmaker suggested recently that he is “steering away” from the project.
Are you hoping to see the NuTrek cast back for Hawley’s Star Trek movie? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below…
More on this: 17 stories
- Star Trek Provides Update on Michelle Yeoh's Discovery Spinoff
- Noah Hawley Teases A New Take For His 'Star Trek' Movie
- New Star Trek Movie Might Be Another Reboot
- Pegg Asked About Star Trek 4
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek Movie May Not Be Star Trek 4
- Star Trek 4: Simon Pegg Doesn't Think His Cast Is Part of Noah Hawley's Movie
- Star Trek Spinoff Movies Have Been Discussed, According to Simon Pegg
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek is Still Possible, Says Simon Pegg
- Simon Pegg Says Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Could Still Happen
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Probably Isn't Happening
- Two New Star Trek Movies in the Works, ViacomCBS CEO Confirms
- Star Trek 4 Back on with Noah Hawley
- Noah Hawley to write and direct Star Trek 4 with Chris Pine and company returning
- STAR TREK 4 Is Back On, Fargo, Legion Creator Noah Hawley to Write & Direct
- 'Star Trek 4' Takes Off With 'Lucy In The Sky' Director Noah Hawley
- Star Trek 4 eyes Fargo, Legion creator Noah Hawley to direct
- 'Star Trek 4': Noah Hawley to Direct, Chris Pine Returning to Star