The Internet’s Freaking Out Over Patrick Stewart’s Star Trek: Picard Photoshoot
Sometimes something comes along and no words are necessary, which is a mixed blessing for someone who has to write about it. Today, that something has arrived.
Patrick Stewart is a busy man at the moment. Currently gearing up for the much-hyped premiere of Star Trek: Picard – which sees his long-awaited return to the beloved character of the title – Stewart has taken part in a photoshoot and interview with Variety Magazine recently to promote the series. And for once, it’s not the latter which has drawn the internet’s attention.
You can check out Pat Stew’s (yes, that’s a thing now, apparently) frankly outrageous sophistication below to see what’s got everyone all fussed:
Twitter’s reaction has shared my incredulity that a not-quite 80-year-old man looks better at that age than I will when I’m 30. Or now. Or indeed, ever. And for a sampling of what folks are saying about the actor’s new shoot, you can check out some of the Twitterati’s best responses to the photos down below:
Let me improve that. Patrick Stewart needs to be a villain. Why pigeonhole him into one franchise, right? Casting directors of the world, unite. He’s got the chops, he’s got the look, he’s Patrick f**king Stewart. Seriously, someone get him a monstrously evil role to sink his teeth into. After a career typified in the public consciousness by heroic characters, it’d be a fascinating volte-face to watch, don’t you think?
No questions about his commitment to good in Star Trek: Picard, though. Judging by the photo reactions, everyone’s well onboard for more Stew. And they’ll get just that when the series arrives on CBS All Access later this month. January 23rd, to be exact. Don’t miss it.
More on this: 733 stories
- "Star Trek: Picard" Season 1 "Maps and Legends" Preview: Picard Journey
- Jeri Ryan brings Borg back to 'Star Trek Online' as well as 'Picard'
- Star Trek: Jeri Ryan Talks Voyager Reunion Potential After Picard
- Downton Abbey star wants it to be a "Star Trek franchise"
- Star Trek: Picard's Stewart Explains Why the New Number One Is a Pit Bull
- Star Trek: Picard's Anger At Starfleet Means More Than You Think
- Star Trek: Why Jean-Luc Kept His Picard Day Banner
- 9 Strange Star Trek Crossovers That You Won't Believe Really Happened (& 1 That Almost Did)
- Star Trek: Picard Helps CBS All Access Break Streaming Records
- Star Trek: Picard: Season 1
- Star Trek: Picard's Chateau Has a Tragic History
- Star Trek: Picard Finally Shows TNG's Daystrom Institute
- Star Trek: Picard's Patrick Stewart Reveals Story Behind Jean-Luc's New Number One
- Star Trek: Picard Introduces Mystery of Killer Synthetics Gone Rogue
- Star Trek Fans Want Paramount To Sue Space Force Over Similar Logo
- Star Trek: Picard Is Already Breaking Records For CBS All Access
- The Future of 'Star Trek' and Why the 'Doors Are Just Opening' for a Film-TV Crossover
- Star Trek: Picard star Isa Briones was kept in the dark about episode 1's major plot twist
- Star Trek: Picard Properly Explains The Kelvin Timeline's Origin
- Star Trek: Picard - Bruce Maddox & the Daystrom Institute, Explained
- 10 Dangling Subplots From Star Trek: TNG That Picard Could Finally Wrap Up
- Explaining Star Trek: Picard episode one
- Star Trek: IMDb Spoiled Picard's Big Twist
- Donald Trump's US Space Force logo is spookily similar to Starfleet Command's
- Star Trek: Picard: Isa Briones wasn't told Dahj twist till last minute