Wil Wheaton To Host Star Trek: Picard After Show
Star Trek: Picard is upon us. We’re just 10 days from seeing Patrick Stewart return to the screen as the eponymous captain, his first appearance in the franchise since the 2002 film Star Trek: Nemesis. And ramping up the publicity, the hype, the hyplicity (think it’ll catch on?) even further now, CBS have announced an addition to their roster for those intent on dissecting the show further.
The Ready Room is a post-episode autopsy – possibly the wrong word – that’ll give fans even more detail on what they’ve just seen, only now it has a new host. Another familiar face, in fact. Though it appears unlikely he’ll be making his own Star Trek return this time around, Wil Wheaton has been given the role of Ready Room host for Picard’s 10 episode run.
Here’s CBS’ official statement, via Twitter:
As they describe it, The Ready Room will be a “deep dive” into the show. With one of Star Trek’s most avid popular custodians onboard to present, fans will have an accessible point-of-reference should they wish to explore what it has on offer. Wheaton has long had a deep association with the series since starring as Wesley Crusher in The Next Generation and it seems fans of that character will have to contend with Wheaton’s non-canon contributions for now (they dream, they dream).
I’m not much of a Trekkie myself – don’t all throw your pitchforks at once. How sacrilegious is it to say that you enjoyed the J.J. Abrams reboot a lot, but haven’t made the effort to dig into Star Trek’s back-catalogue? I’ve seen The Wrath of Khan at least, does that count for anything? I should never have told you my secret, ugh.
Seriously, though, Star Trek: Picard can’t come soon enough.
More on this: 730 stories
- Star Trek: Picard: Isa Briones wasn't told Dahj twist till last minute
- Star Trek Discovery Season 3: 5 Things On Our Wish List (& 5 That Aren't)
- Star Trek: Picard Debunks B-4 Theory (But Could Data Return?)
- Hollywood Flashback: Patrick Stewart First Came to L.A.
- Every Star Trek Easter Egg In Picard's Vault
- Star Trek: Picard Trailer Teases What's Still to Come in Season 1
- Star Wars Star Mark Hamill Has the Best I Got Kicked Out of Space Force Response Ever
- Two Next Generation Characters Are Being Left Out Of Star Trek: Picard Season 1
- Trump unveils new Space Force logo (yes, it looks like something from 'Star Trek')
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 1
- Trump's Space Force Logo Looks a Lot Like the Star Trek Insignia
- Patrick Stewart invites Whoopi Goldberg to reprise her TNG Guinan role on season 2 of 'Star Trek: Picard'!
- Who Is Bruce Maddox? Star Trek: Picard's Surprise TNG Returning Character
- "Star Trek: Picard": How Mars Attack Connects to 2009 Film [VIDEO]
- Star Trek fans mock Donald Trump after he unveils new Space Force logo
- Trump presents new Star Trek-style logo for Space Force
- Star Trek: Why Picard Quit Starfleet Explained
- The logo for Donald Trump's US Space Force looks like the Star Trek badge
- Trump Unveils Logo For New United States Space Force
- Star Trek: Trump unveils new Space Force logo nearly identical to Starfleet Command
- Donald Trump's Space Force Logo a Star Trek Knockoff?
- U.S. Space Force logo prompts comparisons to 'Star Trek'
- US Space Force logo may look like a Star Trek rip-off, but only if you miss the obvious 'RUSSIAN connection'
- Trump unveils logo for Starfleet ... er, Space Force ... and Trekkers take to Twitter
- Star Trek's George Takei Asks For Royalties From Donald Trump's Space Force Logo