‘Picard’ Stars Reveal Which ‘Star Trek’ Character They Would Get Drunk With
The cast and creators of “Star Trek: Picard” turned out for the show’s premiere at the ArcLight Cinerama Dome on Monday night. In the spirit of the festive atmosphere of the night, Variety asked them which “Star Trek” character, past or present, they’d most like to pound a few Romulan ales with at the local Ten Forward.
Series starPatrick Stewart had perhaps the best response of the night when he said, “Your question suggests that that hasn’t happened yet.”
“There are a lot of new character with me now and they are, without exception, delightful people,” he continued. “So a glass or two of something pleasant with any of them would be a treat.”
Executive producer Rod Roddenberry, the son of “Star Trek” creator Gene Roddenberry, had a rather poignant answer. “My dad,” he said. “I know that’s not what you were asking, but that’s who I’d most like to hang out with.”
Executive producer Akiva Goldsman, director Hanelle M. Culpepper and star Michelle Hurd all agreed that they would most like to drink with Picard, while star Isa Briones picked a different “Star Trek: The Next Generation” character.
“I shouldn’t answer that because I’m not 21 for a few days,” she joked. “Hypothetically, Guinan, because she would get me drunk in the right way!”
Both Marina Sirtis and Brent Spiner, who starred on “Next Generation” with Stewart and will reprise their roles in “Picard,” were also in attendance at the premiere, along with fellow “Next Gen” star Gates McFadden.
After the premiere, which screened the first three episodes of the CBS All Access series, attendees headed over to Academy on Hollywood Blvd. The nightclub was decked out with overhead LED displays featuring the stars as well as art from the series.
Food was plentiful at the event, including individual servings of sweet potato gnocchi, mini lobster rolls, and sliders with truffles and crispy onions.
More on this: 730 stories
- Star Trek: Picard: Isa Briones wasn't told Dahj twist till last minute
- Star Trek Discovery Season 3: 5 Things On Our Wish List (& 5 That Aren't)
- Star Trek: Picard Debunks B-4 Theory (But Could Data Return?)
- Hollywood Flashback: Patrick Stewart First Came to L.A.
- Every Star Trek Easter Egg In Picard's Vault
- Star Trek: Picard Trailer Teases What's Still to Come in Season 1
- Star Wars Star Mark Hamill Has the Best I Got Kicked Out of Space Force Response Ever
- Two Next Generation Characters Are Being Left Out Of Star Trek: Picard Season 1
- Trump unveils new Space Force logo (yes, it looks like something from 'Star Trek')
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 1
- Trump's Space Force Logo Looks a Lot Like the Star Trek Insignia
- Patrick Stewart invites Whoopi Goldberg to reprise her TNG Guinan role on season 2 of 'Star Trek: Picard'!
- Who Is Bruce Maddox? Star Trek: Picard's Surprise TNG Returning Character
- "Star Trek: Picard": How Mars Attack Connects to 2009 Film [VIDEO]
- Star Trek fans mock Donald Trump after he unveils new Space Force logo
- Trump presents new Star Trek-style logo for Space Force
- Star Trek: Why Picard Quit Starfleet Explained
- The logo for Donald Trump's US Space Force looks like the Star Trek badge
- Trump Unveils Logo For New United States Space Force
- Star Trek: Trump unveils new Space Force logo nearly identical to Starfleet Command
- Donald Trump's Space Force Logo a Star Trek Knockoff?
- U.S. Space Force logo prompts comparisons to 'Star Trek'
- US Space Force logo may look like a Star Trek rip-off, but only if you miss the obvious 'RUSSIAN connection'
- Trump unveils logo for Starfleet ... er, Space Force ... and Trekkers take to Twitter
- Star Trek's George Takei Asks For Royalties From Donald Trump's Space Force Logo