Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Reunite At Star Trek: Picard Premiere
With Star Trek: Picard on the eve of its TV debut – well, 6 days away to be precise – its returning lead Patrick Stewart recently attended the show’s London premiere. These events are always magnets for the rich and famous, the stars and celebrities, the hot and the glamorous, and the talentless hangers-on who only turn up for the cocktails.
For those unfamiliar with the man in the grey fedora in the gallery down below (I mean, come on, you know who it is), Sir Pat Stew is in the embrace of fellow Knight of the Realm Sir Ian McKellen. And these photos serve as a timely reminder of my more or less unqualified love for the pair.
Perhaps my favourite chat show moment of all time was the hour that they and Hugh Jackman spent in the company of Graham Norton as part of the Logan publicity circuit. It was a wonderfully wholesome piece of TV. McKellen was keen to point out his absence from the film and indeed, the days of their X-Men adventures look to be long behind them now. Be thankful it happened, though, that’s the perspective to take.
Till the next time they reunite onscreen, settle down for one half of McStew’s latest exploits as Jean-Luc next Thursday on CBS All Access. Star Trek: Picard will consist of 10 episodes and run for 10 weeks. Just like a normal TV show – eat that, Netflix users.
And given that it comes to us from the writer of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Star Trek Into Darkness, there’s no reason to panic. Oh, and did I mention The Mummy, too? Seriously, though, the series looks pretty promising and with any luck, it’ll give Trekkies another exciting new show to dig into when it hits our screens next week.
More on this: 827 stories
- Star Trek: Yesterday's Enterprise Almost Had a Much Darker Ending
- Star Trek: Picard Almost Didn't Bring Back Jonathan Frakes as Will Riker
- Star Trek: Picard's Riker Appearance Breaks a Star Trek Actor Record
- Star Trek: Picard's New Doctor Is Already More Important Than You Think
- Star Trek 4 Director Reportedly Doesn't Want Original Cast To Return
- Star Trek: Seven of Nine's Tragic Picard Story Deserves Its Own Spinoff
- New Star Trek Movie, Two More TV Shows Confirmed In Development
- Star Trek: Picard Subtly Reused Voyager's Theme Tune Perfectly
- Star Trek: Picard Confirms DS9's [SPOILER] Is On Freecloud
- The 'Picard' Scene 'Star Trek' Creator Gene Roddenberry Would Hate
- Soul of Star Trek: Star Trek's End?
- One New Star Trek Movie And Two TV Shows Confirmed To Be In Development
- Star Trek: Picard Kills Off a Pivotal Franchise Character
- Enterprise BARELY edges Voyager as most underappreciated show
- Star Trek Finally Confirms A Major Character's LGBTQ Status
- Star Trek: Picard Gives Raffi A Tragic Backstory
- "Star Trek: Picard" Season 1 "Stardust City Rag" [Review]: Powerful Turn
- May 2020 IDW Publishing Star Trek Comics
- 'Picard' Explained: Grief Continues to Spread Throughout 'Stardust City Rag'
- "Star Trek: Discovery" Season 3: Federation as "La Résistance"? [Key Art]
- Star Trek: Picard References TOS' Retconned First Federation
- Star Trek: 10 Best Mirror Universe Characters
- Star Trek: Picard - Icheb and the Fenris Rangers, Explained
- Star Trek: Discovery Reveals New Key Art for Season 3
- Star Trek: Picard Confirms That A Fan Favorite Character's LGBTQ