Here’s the Exact Time You Can Watch the ‘Star Trek: Picard’ Premiere
The time is nigh: the Patrick Stewart-starring series Star Trek: Picardis poised to beam down onto our laptops, tablets, phones, and TVs via the CBS All Access platform on Thursday, January 23. Star Trek fans across the nation are no doubt keen to get the full 411 on what time the Picard premiere arrives as well as how they can watch it so that they’re on top of things when the time comes. Luckily, we have that information for you.
So, the most important news first: The Picard Season 1 premiere debuts on CBS All Access at 12:01 a.m. PT/3:01 a.m. ET (via Nerdist on Twitter). This release window is more typical of a Netflix release but hints and CBS All Access’ belief this show is gonna be huge for the platform and fans will want to watch it literally ASAP. To be fair, CBS wouldn’t be wrong on that account. It’s been nearly 20 years since we’ve seen Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Stewart) on a screen of any size — he last appeared in the 2002 live-action feature film Star Trek: Nemesis with the rest of his Star Trek: The Next Generation crew —so of course fans will want to watch this long-awaited premiere as soon as humanly possible. Additionally, you’ll only be able to watch Picard on CBS All Access, so make sure your subscription is up to date or you finally spring for a ‘scrip because this once-in-a-lifetime Star Trek series is going to be reuniting Picard with some familiar TNG faces and introducing new characters into the mix.
Thursday’s premiere episode will kick off the first of two seasons of Picard. Picard begins with former Starfleet captain Jean-Luc Picard’s return to space after a young woman, Dahj (IsaBriones) with possible connections to the Borg seeks him out for help after her life is put in danger. In addition to Stewart and Briones, Star Trek alums returning for Picard are Jonathan Frakes, Marina Sirtis, Brent Spiner, Jeri Ryan, and Jonathan del Arco. Additionally, new cast members include Santiago Cabrera, Michelle Hurd, Allison Pill, and Harry Treadaway.
Star Trek: Picard arrives on CBS All Access on Thursday, January 23 at 12:01 a.m. PT/3:01 a.m. ET. Make sure you refresh your memory by rewatching the latest Picard trailer so you’re fully prepped! Also, be sure to read our round-up of the upcoming 2020 TV shows we’re so excited to watch.
More on this: 840 stories
- Star Trek: Picard Reveals the New Captain of the Enterprise
- Star Trek: Picard Originally Didn't Include Jonathan Frakes' Riker
- Star Trek: Picard Finally Reveals The Enterprise's New Captain
- Jonathan Frakes on Borg Bond, Roddenberry Legacy
- Star Trek Author Dayton Ward Reveals the Secrets of Kirk Fu
- Star Trek Writer Comments on the Future of the Relaunch Timeline
- Star Trek: Jonathan Frakes Says Picard Scene Would Never Have Happened Under Gene Roddenberry
- Frakes' Favorite Star Trek: Picard Scene
- Picard: Frakes Says Star Trek Creator Would Have Hated His Episode
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 3 Wraps Filming
- Star Trek: Picard Gets Star Trek's Economics Wrong
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 5
- Star Trek 4 Could Reportedly Lose Its Director Again
- Star Trek: Yesterday's Enterprise Almost Had a Much Darker Ending
- Star Trek: Picard Almost Didn't Bring Back Jonathan Frakes as Will Riker
- Star Trek: Picard's Riker Appearance Breaks a Star Trek Actor Record
- Star Trek: Picard's New Doctor Is Already More Important Than You Think
- Toy Fair 2020: New Look at Star Trek Cats from Chronicle Collectibles
- Star Trek 4 Director Reportedly Doesn't Want Original Cast To Return
- Star Trek: Seven of Nine's Tragic Picard Story Deserves Its Own Spinoff
- New Star Trek Movie, Two More TV Shows Confirmed In Development
- Star Trek: Picard Subtly Reused Voyager's Theme Tune Perfectly
- Star Trek: Picard Confirms DS9's [SPOILER] Is On Freecloud
- The 'Picard' Scene 'Star Trek' Creator Gene Roddenberry Would Hate
- Soul of Star Trek: Star Trek's End?