Star Trek Actor Kevin Conway Passes Away At 77
Actor Kevin Conway has passed away at the age of 77. Conway was known for starring in Civil War drama Gettysburg and guest-starring in Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Conway’s publicist announced he died Wednesday of a heart attack.
Conway was born in New York City on May 29, 1942, and trained at HB Studio in New York City. He appeared in many off-Broadway shows, including One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest and The Elephant Man.
Conway Career Spanned Over 50 Years
Conway also starred in many shows on Broadway, including Indians, Moonchildren, and as George Milton in Of Mice and Men. He was also nominated for the Desk Drama Award for Outstanding Director of a Play for the production of Mecca.
His career would go onto films and television, first starting with his performance of Roland Weary in the film Slaughterhouse Five. He later starred in the 2000 Civil War drama Gettysburg and football classic Invincible.
Conway also starred in the Kevin Costner film Thirteen Days, as General Curtis LeMay.
In regards to television, Conway’s career spanned multiple genres and series. Among other shows, Conway voiced Control Voice for the series The Outer Limits. Conway also starred in dramas The Good Wife, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, and HBO’s Oz.
Most will likely know Conway from his guest role on Star Trek: The Next Generation as the clone of legendary Klingon figure Kahless. Kahless was a character from the original Star Trek, and in the episode “Rightful Heir” an attempt is made to use a clone Kahless back into the power of the Klingon Empire.
In 1990, Kevin Conway directed the film The Sun and The Moon.
Conway’s recent work has been in voice-over as the narrator for the television series Unmasked and Who Killed Jane Doe?. Conway was set to voice Daniel Webster in a documentary about the Gettysburg Address, but nothing is known if he will still voice that character.Bailey MeCey
Hello, my name is Bailey and I am a recent journalism graduate from the University of Nevada, Reno. Some of my favorite games are Spelunky, Fallout: New Vegas and Chibi-Robo! When I am not playing games, I am either making videos or napping.
More on this: 840 stories
- Star Trek: Picard Reveals the New Captain of the Enterprise
- Star Trek: Picard Originally Didn't Include Jonathan Frakes' Riker
- Star Trek: Picard Finally Reveals The Enterprise's New Captain
- Jonathan Frakes on Borg Bond, Roddenberry Legacy
- Star Trek Author Dayton Ward Reveals the Secrets of Kirk Fu
- Star Trek Writer Comments on the Future of the Relaunch Timeline
- Star Trek: Jonathan Frakes Says Picard Scene Would Never Have Happened Under Gene Roddenberry
- Frakes' Favorite Star Trek: Picard Scene
- Picard: Frakes Says Star Trek Creator Would Have Hated His Episode
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 3 Wraps Filming
- Star Trek: Picard Gets Star Trek's Economics Wrong
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 5
- Star Trek 4 Could Reportedly Lose Its Director Again
- Star Trek: Yesterday's Enterprise Almost Had a Much Darker Ending
- Star Trek: Picard Almost Didn't Bring Back Jonathan Frakes as Will Riker
- Star Trek: Picard's Riker Appearance Breaks a Star Trek Actor Record
- Star Trek: Picard's New Doctor Is Already More Important Than You Think
- Toy Fair 2020: New Look at Star Trek Cats from Chronicle Collectibles
- Star Trek 4 Director Reportedly Doesn't Want Original Cast To Return
- Star Trek: Seven of Nine's Tragic Picard Story Deserves Its Own Spinoff
- New Star Trek Movie, Two More TV Shows Confirmed In Development
- Star Trek: Picard Subtly Reused Voyager's Theme Tune Perfectly
- Star Trek: Picard Confirms DS9's [SPOILER] Is On Freecloud
- The 'Picard' Scene 'Star Trek' Creator Gene Roddenberry Would Hate
- Soul of Star Trek: Star Trek's End?