Star Trek: Picard may just introduce everyone’s new favorite, Elnor
On Star Trek: Picard, a new character named Elnor is set to be introduced and if the images are anything to go off, he may just become a fan favorite.
Let’s just all agree that swords and people who use them are cool. There’s this stoicism that resonates with characters like them. The vaunted Spartan, knight, samurai, ninja character always becomes a fan favorite. Even in media that takes an abstract approach, stripping away the time period and attire; like with the Walking Dead’s Michonne. She’s a badass who carries a sword. How fricking cool is that? Star Trek: Picard is looking at to add to that legacy of badass sword swingers with Elnor.
In new images released for Star Trek: Picard, we get a great look at the new character Elnor and his mighty Romulan blade. Not much is known about the character yet, as he’s apparently making his debut in episode four, Absolute Candor. What we see in some stills is Elnor protecting various Romulan refugees from some sort of assault, pulling his sword and doing his best Legolas impersonation.
The character takes a different approach from most characters in the Star Trek lore and seems to be more in line with a martial artist as opposed to a member of a military. The most notable characters in Trek lore to carry blades are Klingons, but Elnor may provide a new standard-bearer in this new Trek.
With Elnor, he clearly checks a lot of boxes for viewers to potentially become a new fan favorite. Viewers love stoic, heroic, sword-swinging good guys. Is that what Elnor will become for Picard? Will he be the Aragorn muscle to Picard’s Frodo or will things go sideways and see Elnor become a villain or even worse; parish?
Episode four of Star Trek: Picard airs on Feb 13, 2020, via CBS All Access. Tune in to find out more about this potential badass.
More on this: 840 stories
- Star Trek: Picard Reveals the New Captain of the Enterprise
- Star Trek: Picard Originally Didn't Include Jonathan Frakes' Riker
- Star Trek: Picard Finally Reveals The Enterprise's New Captain
- Jonathan Frakes on Borg Bond, Roddenberry Legacy
- Star Trek Author Dayton Ward Reveals the Secrets of Kirk Fu
- Star Trek Writer Comments on the Future of the Relaunch Timeline
- Star Trek: Jonathan Frakes Says Picard Scene Would Never Have Happened Under Gene Roddenberry
- Frakes' Favorite Star Trek: Picard Scene
- Picard: Frakes Says Star Trek Creator Would Have Hated His Episode
- Star Trek: Discovery Season 3 Wraps Filming
- Star Trek: Picard Gets Star Trek's Economics Wrong
- Star Trek: Picard Episode 5
- Star Trek 4 Could Reportedly Lose Its Director Again
- Star Trek: Yesterday's Enterprise Almost Had a Much Darker Ending
- Star Trek: Picard Almost Didn't Bring Back Jonathan Frakes as Will Riker
- Star Trek: Picard's Riker Appearance Breaks a Star Trek Actor Record
- Star Trek: Picard's New Doctor Is Already More Important Than You Think
- Toy Fair 2020: New Look at Star Trek Cats from Chronicle Collectibles
- Star Trek 4 Director Reportedly Doesn't Want Original Cast To Return
- Star Trek: Seven of Nine's Tragic Picard Story Deserves Its Own Spinoff
- New Star Trek Movie, Two More TV Shows Confirmed In Development
- Star Trek: Picard Subtly Reused Voyager's Theme Tune Perfectly
- Star Trek: Picard Confirms DS9's [SPOILER] Is On Freecloud
- The 'Picard' Scene 'Star Trek' Creator Gene Roddenberry Would Hate
- Soul of Star Trek: Star Trek's End?