The final frontier: All the very best ‘Star Trek’ memes
47Viewsby: Bec Heim
Star Trek has been generating fandom content for some wild, wild decades. From the first pioneers of fandom to the advent of Spirk, Star Trek has paved the way for excellent fan-generated content. In the internet age, that fan-generated content is, of course, memes.
Going across the Trek franchises, we’ve found some of our favorites to share with you. Check them out below. Remember to live long and make memes.
If you like a character with the name of a number, then check out this mash-up of Stranger Things Eleven (Millie Bobby Brown) and Star Trek: Voyager’s Seven of Nine (Jeri Ryan).
“Poor Harry Kim”
Harry Kim (Garrett Wang) had been through a lot over the seven seasons of Voyager. If you want the definition of a butt monkey, then look at good ol’ Harry. In fact, this meme details everything Harry has been through and that he’s still an ensign at the end of it all.
“Star Trek: Picard talents”
This reaction to the first trailer for Star Trek: Picard has people wondering why on Earth Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) with all his talents is growing grapes at the family winery.
Before Thanos (Josh Brolin) perform that iconic snap in Avengers: Infinity War, Q (John de Lancie) did it first and better. After all, he doesn’t need some magic rocks to make things happen.
Based on the meme with the car making a desperate turn toward a bad decision, this shows the crew of Voyager foregoing a route home to shave off time of their journey to “maybe violate the Prime Directive a bit”.
It’s a trope as old as the original run of Star Trek. If you’re a redshirt, then you’re probably going to be a deadshirt in short order.
This meme pokes fun at the fact that, invariably, if there is a dangerous mission on a planet, then it will always be the senior bridge crew. Always.
Seriously, those redshirts died a lot, but we got some funny memes out of them. But they really kicked it when Kirk (William Shatner) was around.
“Seatbelt and airbags”
You think that in the future there would be basic safety precautions. Seriously? Not a seatbelt to found on the super-advanced starship?
“Star Trek did it first”
Star Trek predicted a lot of scientific advancements way before their time, but it’s the joke about Android phones at the end that gets us.
Picard sums up why aliens won’t talk to humanity these days with one of the most perfect reaction images possible.
The trouble with Tribbles, according to this meme, is that they make you forget about the truly important things in life.
Let’s be real, Captain James T. Kirk came back in time and made this meme.
“Keeping up with the Cardassians”
If you’re not a big fan of Kim K. and her fam, then might we suggest this television series?
Just a reminder before Rey (Daisy Ridley) or Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) appeared on screen, it came down to Janeway (Kate Mulgrew) to do it first.
More on this: 827 stories
- Star Trek: Yesterday's Enterprise Almost Had a Much Darker Ending
- Star Trek: Picard Almost Didn't Bring Back Jonathan Frakes as Will Riker
- Star Trek: Picard's Riker Appearance Breaks a Star Trek Actor Record
- Star Trek: Picard's New Doctor Is Already More Important Than You Think
- Star Trek 4 Director Reportedly Doesn't Want Original Cast To Return
- Star Trek: Seven of Nine's Tragic Picard Story Deserves Its Own Spinoff
- New Star Trek Movie, Two More TV Shows Confirmed In Development
- Star Trek: Picard Subtly Reused Voyager's Theme Tune Perfectly
- Star Trek: Picard Confirms DS9's [SPOILER] Is On Freecloud
- The 'Picard' Scene 'Star Trek' Creator Gene Roddenberry Would Hate
- Soul of Star Trek: Star Trek's End?
- One New Star Trek Movie And Two TV Shows Confirmed To Be In Development
- Star Trek: Picard Kills Off a Pivotal Franchise Character
- Enterprise BARELY edges Voyager as most underappreciated show
- Star Trek Finally Confirms A Major Character's LGBTQ Status
- Star Trek: Picard Gives Raffi A Tragic Backstory
- "Star Trek: Picard" Season 1 "Stardust City Rag" [Review]: Powerful Turn
- May 2020 IDW Publishing Star Trek Comics
- 'Picard' Explained: Grief Continues to Spread Throughout 'Stardust City Rag'
- "Star Trek: Discovery" Season 3: Federation as "La Résistance"? [Key Art]
- Star Trek: Picard References TOS' Retconned First Federation
- Star Trek: 10 Best Mirror Universe Characters
- Star Trek: Picard - Icheb and the Fenris Rangers, Explained
- Star Trek: Discovery Reveals New Key Art for Season 3
- Star Trek: Picard Confirms That A Fan Favorite Character's LGBTQ