LeVar Burton Posts Star Trek Reunion Photo With Patrick Stewart
After reuniting with other Star Trek: The Next Generation cast members on the set of Star Trek: Picard, LeVar Burton and Patrick Stewart reunited again. Burton played Geordi La Forge alongside Stewart as Captain Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek: The Next Generation. The two reunited and Burton shared a photo to Twitter. He tweeted, "These are the moments that I live for... #bydhttmwfi." with that hashtag being an abbreviation of his signature catchphrase "but you don't have to take my word for it." He used the phrase during his time hosting Reading Rainbow and continues to make use of it on his podcast LeVar Burton Reads.
Stewart returned to his role as Jean-Luc Picard in the new series Star Trek: Picard on CBS All Access. Fans shouldn't expect to see Burton and most of his Star Trek: The Next Generation co-stars appearing in the show's first season. The show's producers ruled out appearances by Geordi or Worf in a previous interview.
“We made a point not to bring back any legacy characters that didn’t organically tell this story," executive producer Heather Kadin said. "Which is why, unfortunately, you don’t have Michael Dorn as Worf, and you don’t have [LeVar Burton as] Geordi. Otherwise, we keep joking it’d be The Next Next Generation.
Stewart, who is an executive producer on Picard, said that he was hesitant to bring any of his old co-stars back. In the end, he said, “I think we all realized that we were missing opportunities, particularly in the case of Data, who, although you don’t see him very much, plays a role in the entire season. A very important one, too.”
Geordi won’t show up in the first season, but the series is already renewed for its second season. “I hope we will meet all of the principal characters from Next Generation eventually,” Stewart says.
Did you know ComicBook.com has a podcast? That's right folks, ComicBook Nation is available every Wednesday and Friday bringing you the best breakdowns of the week's biggest news from Kofi Outlaw, Matt Aguilar, Janell Wheeler & the rest of the staff at the site. Catch the newest episode right here or subscribe on iTunes today!
Disclosure: ComicBook is owned by CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS.
More on this: 877 stories
- Star Trek: Picard Showrunner Reveals What Happened to the Ex-Borg
- Star Trek: Picard Showrunner Explains Why Riker Wasn't on the Titan in the Finale
- Showrunner Answers Big Questions About Star Trek: Picard Season 2
- 10 Things We're Looking Forward To In Season 2
- Star Trek: Picard: 5 Fan Theories That Came True In Season 1 (& 5 That Still Could)
- Star Trek: The Next Generation Cast Reunite For Quarantine Birthday Party
- O Captain! My Captain! Anson Mount of 'Star Trek: Discovery' dishes on possible return of Capt. Pike
- 'Star Trek' Cast Group Chats to Celebrate Marina Sirtis' Birthday
- Star Trek: Picard Showrunner Explains How and Why the Show Changes The Borg
- Star Trek: Picard Showrunner Explains The Show's Approach to Sexuality
- Star Trek: Brent Spiner Shares High Praise for Picard's Finale
- Star Trek TOS: 10 Real-Life Historic References In The Show
- Star Trek: Picard Showrunner Hints at Series Going in New Directions in Season 2
- Star Trek: Picard's Synthetic Villains Were Disappointing
- Picard: The Show's LGBT Romance Brings Star Trek Into the 21st Century
- Star Trek Discovery Season 3 Teaser Trailer Shows Burnham In The Future
- Stay At Home Edition: Bits & Pieces
- 'Battlestar Galactica' is a Bingeable Feast Eager to Bust Your Gut
- The Challenge for 'Star Trek: Picard' Season 2
- Star Trek: Enterprise's Jonathan Archer reminds us that mistakes happen
- Star Trek: Picard's Finale Finally Brought [SPOILERS] Back To Starfleet
- Star Trek: Picard EP Says Season 2 Will Go In A Different Direction
- Star Trek: 10 Historic Moments In Star Trek That We've Already Lived Through
- Star Trek Picard: What is Will Riker's New Ship?
- Don Cheadle will play "the bad guy" in Space Jam 2 according to Paul Scheer