Star Trek: Voyager Star Shares Advice For Dealing With Coronavirus
In this time of crisis, as the COVID-19 pandemic sweeps through the world, many famous stars are sharing messages on social media, offering advice and encouragement to their followers. For Star Trekfans, one of Starfleet’s finest captains recently offered a few words that made us all feel a little better – Star Trek: Voyager‘s Kate Mulgrew.
Mulgrew, who played Captain Kathryn Janeway – Trek‘s first female lead – on the show for seven seasons, took to Twitter over the weekend to post some wise words. “Some advice during a troubling time: Trust science, sense and compassion to see us through. #keepcalmandcarryon,” the actress wrote in her caption, attaching an image of her iconic Trek character for good measure.
This is some advice that Janeway would definitely agree with. As the U.S.S Voyager was first and foremost a science vessel, Janeway herself looked at the universe from a scientist’s perspective. Across the series’ 1995-2001 run, the captain was able to lead the Voyager crew through a lot of tough times with her pragmatism and cool head, eventually succeeding in getting them back to Earth after their very long journey home from the Delta Quadrant.
Given Mulgrew’s popularity and – as is clear from this post – her ongoing attachment to the character, fans have been wondering if she could return as Janeway on Star Trek: Picard. The actress herself, however, seems to be in two minds. On one occasion, she voiced reluctance to return. On another, however, she pitched a Kirk/Picard/Janeway movie. At least, even in her absence, Star Trek: Voyagerhas been well-represented on Picard‘s first season, with Seven of Nine playing a big role.
One of the things you can do to keep calm and carry on as normal during this difficult period is to make sure you catch the first half of Picard‘s two-part finale this Thursday on CBS All Access.
More on this: 877 stories
- Star Trek: Picard Showrunner Reveals What Happened to the Ex-Borg
- Star Trek: Picard Showrunner Explains Why Riker Wasn't on the Titan in the Finale
- Showrunner Answers Big Questions About Star Trek: Picard Season 2
- 10 Things We're Looking Forward To In Season 2
- Star Trek: Picard: 5 Fan Theories That Came True In Season 1 (& 5 That Still Could)
- Star Trek: The Next Generation Cast Reunite For Quarantine Birthday Party
- O Captain! My Captain! Anson Mount of 'Star Trek: Discovery' dishes on possible return of Capt. Pike
- 'Star Trek' Cast Group Chats to Celebrate Marina Sirtis' Birthday
- Star Trek: Picard Showrunner Explains How and Why the Show Changes The Borg
- Star Trek: Picard Showrunner Explains The Show's Approach to Sexuality
- Star Trek: Brent Spiner Shares High Praise for Picard's Finale
- Star Trek TOS: 10 Real-Life Historic References In The Show
- Star Trek: Picard Showrunner Hints at Series Going in New Directions in Season 2
- Star Trek: Picard's Synthetic Villains Were Disappointing
- Picard: The Show's LGBT Romance Brings Star Trek Into the 21st Century
- Star Trek Discovery Season 3 Teaser Trailer Shows Burnham In The Future
- Stay At Home Edition: Bits & Pieces
- 'Battlestar Galactica' is a Bingeable Feast Eager to Bust Your Gut
- The Challenge for 'Star Trek: Picard' Season 2
- Star Trek: Enterprise's Jonathan Archer reminds us that mistakes happen
- Star Trek: Picard's Finale Finally Brought [SPOILERS] Back To Starfleet
- Star Trek: Picard EP Says Season 2 Will Go In A Different Direction
- Star Trek: 10 Historic Moments In Star Trek That We've Already Lived Through
- Star Trek Picard: What is Will Riker's New Ship?
- Don Cheadle will play "the bad guy" in Space Jam 2 according to Paul Scheer