CBS Reveals Michael Burnham’s New Look For Star Trek: Discovery Season 3
The brief teaser (see above) we got for Star Trek: Discoveryseason 3 after Picard‘s finale revealed that Sonequa Martin-Green’s Michael Burnham would be getting a new look for the next run of the show. This new promo image, though, gives us our best glimpse yet at Burnham’s new do and the adjusted Starfleet insignia that the U.S.S. Discovery crew will be sporting now that they find themselves in the far future.
It’s a good time to be a Trek fan, for sure. This week brings the series premiere of Star Trek: Lower Decksand once that’s wrapped up, Discovery season 3 will follow it on CBS All Access on October 15th. That means that from now on we have 23 straight weeks of Trek TV to enjoy. Not bad, right?
The official Trek Twitter account shared this exciting fact in a recent post, along with a pic highlighting Burnham’s fresh look, and you can check it out below:
Discovery is going where no other Trek show has gone before in its new season as Burnham and company have travelled 900 years into the future and now reside in the 32nd century, a period that’s never been explored before in the franchise. We know to expect a dilapidated Federation and Starfleet in very different shape, but the Discovery crew will be able to inject some old-fashioned optimism back into things. This will give season 3, we’ve been told by director Jonathan Frakes, a more traditional feel and tone.
The planet Burnham is depicted on here previously appeared in the teaser trailer, as well as some promo images revealed way back in summer 2019. Remember, Burnham was flung into the future separately from the ship, so it seems she finds herself on this barren world alone. However, she’ll soon make a new ally in the form of David Ajala’s Cleveland “Book” Booker.
Before Star Trek: Discoveryseason 3 gets here in a couple of months, we can all enjoy Lower Decks when it premieres this Thursday, August 6th on CBS All Access.
More on this: 562 stories
- Star Trek's Original Movie Timeline is Finally About To Make Sense
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Takes a Page from The Thing
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Brings Back THIS TNG-Era Alien
- Join Gowron and Martok to learn more about Klingon culture
- Star Trek's Future Can Perfectly Redeem Wesley Crusher
- IDW Publishing Trek Comics For December
- Everything We Know About The Upcoming Star Trek Movies
- NYCC Adds Star Trek: Discovery, Lower Decks and The Stand to Virtual Panel Lineup
- Amazon to Produce Chris Pine-Thandie Newton Thriller 'All the Old Knives'
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Episode 7 Shows the Freaky Side of Starfleet
- Star Trek Finally Improved TNG's Most Hated Captain
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Recap, Season 1 Episode 7
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton wants to reunite with Sir Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Star Trek At New York Comic-Con
- Star Trek: Picard Wins Emmy Award
- Noah Hawley's new Star Trek would not bring back prior cast
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie doesn't include Kirk or Picard
- Star Trek: Picard Theory Reveals An Unexpected Doctor Who Connection
- Star Trek: Discovery & The Stand Panels Set For NYCC 2020
- Noah Hawley Says His 'Star Trek' Starts "From Scratch" With No Picard Or Kirk
- Noah Hawley Teases His Star Trek Film's Unconventional Twist
- All-New Star Trek Crew Is Being Introduced in Noah Hawley's Movie Reboot
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton Wants to Reunite With Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Noah Hawley's 'Star Trek' Won't Feature Kirk or Picard
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie will feature brand new crew