Jason Isaacs Won’t Say If He’ll Return For Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
The first captain of the U.S.S. Discovery was Gabriel Lorca, but the twists and turns across Star Trek: Discovery season 1 meant that Jason Isaacs was written out the show by the finale. Still, the Harry Potter actor was one of the most popular parts of the divisive debut run of the CBS All Access series and fans would love to see him return. This time as Prime Lorca, though, rather than the evil Mirror Universe version. And if it was possible, the most obvious place for his comeback would be Star Trek: Strange New Worlds.
But is this something that’s on the cards? Intriguingly, when Isaacs was asked about it during a virtual panel at Dragon Con this weekend, he elected to plead the fifth. The star even went on to suggest that he might be giving away a spoiler if he talked about it.
Isaacs, a big Trek fan himself, has previously said that he would love to return as Prime Lorca. And Strange New Worlds taking place in the aftermath of Discovery season 2, whereas that show is now set 1000 years in the future, would make it easy for him to turn up and for us to finally get some answers as to what happened to this universe’s Lorca.
Whatever happens, Isaacs promises that the writers wouldn’t just bring him back for a “token” cameo or guest spot. The actor also went on to heap praise on the writing team, defending them against the kind of criticism they’ve faced from some fans over the years.
Maybe we can infer something from Isaacs’ remarks or maybe we can’t, but it definitely sounds like more from Lorca isn’t being ruled out.
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds is on course to shoot in early 2021, meaning it could be with us late next year.
Source: Dragon Con (via TrekMovie.com)
More on this: 571 stories
- Amazon to Produce Chris Pine-Thandie Newton Thriller 'All the Old Knives'
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Episode 7 Shows the Freaky Side of Starfleet
- Star Trek Finally Improved TNG's Most Hated Captain
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Recap, Season 1 Episode 7
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton wants to reunite with Sir Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Star Trek At New York Comic-Con
- Star Trek: Picard Wins Emmy Award
- Noah Hawley's new Star Trek would not bring back prior cast
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie doesn't include Kirk or Picard
- Star Trek: Picard Theory Reveals An Unexpected Doctor Who Connection
- Star Trek: Discovery & The Stand Panels Set For NYCC 2020
- Noah Hawley Says His 'Star Trek' Starts "From Scratch" With No Picard Or Kirk
- Noah Hawley Teases His Star Trek Film's Unconventional Twist
- All-New Star Trek Crew Is Being Introduced in Noah Hawley's Movie Reboot
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton Wants to Reunite With Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Noah Hawley's 'Star Trek' Won't Feature Kirk or Picard
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie will feature brand new crew
- Hawley's Standalone "Star Trek" Was To Link Back
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek Movie Avoids Kirk & Picard, Has New Characters
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek Movie to Introduce an Entirely New Crew
- Wil Wheaton Wants To Reunite With Patrick Stewart On Star Trek: Picard
- Star Trek: The Original Series receives TCA Heritage Award for
- Star Trek: Lower Decks References the Original Series AND the Animated Series
- Star Trek 6: Why Kirstie Alley's Saavik Didn't Return For Undiscovered Country
- Wil Wheaton Wants to Return as Wesley Crusher for Star Trek: Lower Decks