Tiger King’s Carole Baskin turns to YouTube tutorials ahead of Dancing With The Stars
Let’s be serious, we’ve all searched for ‘how to’ videos at some point in our lives.
But for us, it’s normally something to do with household chores rather than Cha-cha-cha tutorials.
However, the thought of Carole dancing around her Big Cat Rescue sanctuary with her husband Howard is just iconic.
The big cat lover told Metro.co.uk: ‘When I excepted the offer to be on Dancing With The Stars I watched everything I could find on YouTube about ballroom dancing.’
She added that their board member Lynda Licht also teaches dance, and has dished out some tips to Carole.
It comes after a source told TMZ: ‘She immediately turned to YouTube for help after finding out she was going to be on the upcoming season of Dancing With The Stars.
‘She started with the biggies: salsa, cha-cha and the Venezuelan waltz.’
The publication also claimed that Carole has also received help from a member of her Cool Cats and Kitten fan group.
Joe Exotic’s rival recently spoke on Good Morning America following the news she’d be heading to the dancefloor alongside Selling Sunset’s Chrishell Stause and Desperate Housewives star Jesse Metcalfe.
‘Tiger King really glamourised animal abusers and villainised me for trying to stop animal abuse so I felt really betrayed by that,’ she said on the breakfast show.
‘But what surprised me was how many people believed that false portrayal of me without doing anything to find out who I really am so it’s been a nightmare.’
Carole continued: ‘I really hope Dancing With The Stars can help to change that. The biggest thing for me is that the longer that my partner and I can stay in the competition, it can keep the cats forefront in the viewer’s eye and to me, that was where Tiger King missed the ball.
‘It really should have been about the animals so I’m really hoping that Dancing With The Stars will do that.’
Since it was confirmed Carole would be entering the competition, she’s been spotted in Los Angeles on numerous occasions heading to rehearsals wearing a face mask adorned with cat whiskers.
Honestly, we wish her all the best.
Dancing With The Stars season 29 premieres September 14 in the US on ABC.
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.Home › Entertainment › TV
More on this: 571 stories
- Amazon to Produce Chris Pine-Thandie Newton Thriller 'All the Old Knives'
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Episode 7 Shows the Freaky Side of Starfleet
- Star Trek Finally Improved TNG's Most Hated Captain
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Recap, Season 1 Episode 7
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton wants to reunite with Sir Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Star Trek At New York Comic-Con
- Star Trek: Picard Wins Emmy Award
- Noah Hawley's new Star Trek would not bring back prior cast
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie doesn't include Kirk or Picard
- Star Trek: Picard Theory Reveals An Unexpected Doctor Who Connection
- Star Trek: Discovery & The Stand Panels Set For NYCC 2020
- Noah Hawley Says His 'Star Trek' Starts "From Scratch" With No Picard Or Kirk
- Noah Hawley Teases His Star Trek Film's Unconventional Twist
- All-New Star Trek Crew Is Being Introduced in Noah Hawley's Movie Reboot
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton Wants to Reunite With Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Noah Hawley's 'Star Trek' Won't Feature Kirk or Picard
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie will feature brand new crew
- Hawley's Standalone "Star Trek" Was To Link Back
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek Movie Avoids Kirk & Picard, Has New Characters
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek Movie to Introduce an Entirely New Crew
- Wil Wheaton Wants To Reunite With Patrick Stewart On Star Trek: Picard
- Star Trek: The Original Series receives TCA Heritage Award for
- Star Trek: Lower Decks References the Original Series AND the Animated Series
- Star Trek 6: Why Kirstie Alley's Saavik Didn't Return For Undiscovered Country
- Wil Wheaton Wants to Return as Wesley Crusher for Star Trek: Lower Decks