Star Trek: Discovery Star Says Season 3 Will Explore Consequences Of Time Jump
We’ve got just five weeks to go until Star Trek: Discoveryseason 3 finally arrives. Though it was filmed last year, the CBS All Access series was held up over the pandemic, but following the conclusion of Lower Decks‘s first season, it’ll start unfolding weekly. With the show’s return just around the corner, then, one crew member of the U.S.S Discovery has now teased that we can expect some fallout from the ship’s jump 1000 years into the future.
Anthony Rapp took part in a Star Trek virtual panel at Dragon Con over the weekend and was on hand to promise that season 3 will not sweep the consequences of the time jump under the rug and will properly explore the human impact of what it means to pull the Discovery crew so far from everything they’re familiar with. As he put it:
Rapp went on to say that he was happy with the material season 2 gave Lt. Cmmdr. Paul Stamets and his partner Dr. Hugh Culber (Wilson Cruz), after the latter’s resurrection, as it saw them deal with several “bumps” in their relationship that they had to work through. And we can apparently expect similar growth this run as well.
We’ve previously been told that the jump into the far future will shear off some of the angstier edges of Discovery. With Starfleet and the Federation not being what they once were by this period, the crew will bring back some of that old-fashioned optimism to the organization. As Jonathan Frakes put it, there’s “more action-adventure and not so much pain.” But clearly there will still be some introspection and emotional upheaval for the characters.
Expect more Star Trek: Discoverynews to arrive tomorrow during Star Trek Day. You can check out everything you need to know about the 24-hour celebration right here.
Source: Dragon Con (via Trek Movie)
More on this: 562 stories
- Star Trek's Original Movie Timeline is Finally About To Make Sense
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Takes a Page from The Thing
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Brings Back THIS TNG-Era Alien
- Join Gowron and Martok to learn more about Klingon culture
- Star Trek's Future Can Perfectly Redeem Wesley Crusher
- IDW Publishing Trek Comics For December
- Everything We Know About The Upcoming Star Trek Movies
- NYCC Adds Star Trek: Discovery, Lower Decks and The Stand to Virtual Panel Lineup
- Amazon to Produce Chris Pine-Thandie Newton Thriller 'All the Old Knives'
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Episode 7 Shows the Freaky Side of Starfleet
- Star Trek Finally Improved TNG's Most Hated Captain
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Recap, Season 1 Episode 7
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton wants to reunite with Sir Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Star Trek At New York Comic-Con
- Star Trek: Picard Wins Emmy Award
- Noah Hawley's new Star Trek would not bring back prior cast
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie doesn't include Kirk or Picard
- Star Trek: Picard Theory Reveals An Unexpected Doctor Who Connection
- Star Trek: Discovery & The Stand Panels Set For NYCC 2020
- Noah Hawley Says His 'Star Trek' Starts "From Scratch" With No Picard Or Kirk
- Noah Hawley Teases His Star Trek Film's Unconventional Twist
- All-New Star Trek Crew Is Being Introduced in Noah Hawley's Movie Reboot
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton Wants to Reunite With Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Noah Hawley's 'Star Trek' Won't Feature Kirk or Picard
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie will feature brand new crew