Star Trek: Discovery: Will Captain Lorca return in season 3? Jason Isaacs plays coy with fans
Star Trek star Jason Isaacs is still playing coy about the possible return of Captain Gabriel Lorca – and refuses to comment about any possible season 3 twist.
The character, who captained Star Trek: Discovery, was seemingly killed off in 2257, but with his death never actually confirmed, the presence of a mirror universe where Lorca was last seen and new the franchise being expanded constantly, nothing it off limits.
So, what lies in store for Lorca? Perhaps a return somehow to Discovery in the upcoming season 3? Or maybe a featured role in the spin-offs, including Star Trek: Strange New Worlds?
Speaking at a Q+A for DragonCon, Jason ‘plead the fifth’ when quizzed about the resurrection of the character – a reference to the US law amendment that prevents self-incrimination.
He then said (via Trek Movie): ‘The whole point of having a story told to you is that you don’t know what’s in the story.
‘It’s like asking when someone is going to tell you a joke: “Give me the punchline and I’ll make my mind up.”’
Jason, a self-confessed superfan of the franchise himself, then added that it would have to make sense in order for Lorca’s return to matter.
‘If they do bring back Lorca, or anyone else, it’ll never be token,’ he said. ‘They [the writing team] take it more seriously than you could possibly imagine, making sure that honours the legacy and gives them license to invent new and great stories.’
In the meantime, fans don’t have much longer to wait for Star Trek: Discovery to return to our screens, with the team heading off to explore the future in the 32nd century.
Sonequa Martin-Green, who plays Commander Burnham on the show, has promised that this could mean massive changes for the fleet – particularly her, who has been forced to live alone.
The season, which will run for 13 episodes, will launching on 15 October.
Two new characters will also break new ground for the series as the first non-binary and transgender characters and actors in the franchise’s 54-year history.
Star Trek: Discovery season 3 launches October 15 on CBS All Access in the US, and then globally on Netflix.
Got A Story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.Home › Entertainment › TV
More on this: 571 stories
- Amazon to Produce Chris Pine-Thandie Newton Thriller 'All the Old Knives'
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Episode 7 Shows the Freaky Side of Starfleet
- Star Trek Finally Improved TNG's Most Hated Captain
- Star Trek: Lower Decks Recap, Season 1 Episode 7
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton wants to reunite with Sir Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Star Trek At New York Comic-Con
- Star Trek: Picard Wins Emmy Award
- Noah Hawley's new Star Trek would not bring back prior cast
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie doesn't include Kirk or Picard
- Star Trek: Picard Theory Reveals An Unexpected Doctor Who Connection
- Star Trek: Discovery & The Stand Panels Set For NYCC 2020
- Noah Hawley Says His 'Star Trek' Starts "From Scratch" With No Picard Or Kirk
- Noah Hawley Teases His Star Trek Film's Unconventional Twist
- All-New Star Trek Crew Is Being Introduced in Noah Hawley's Movie Reboot
- Star Trek: Wil Wheaton Wants to Reunite With Patrick Stewart in Picard
- Noah Hawley's 'Star Trek' Won't Feature Kirk or Picard
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek movie will feature brand new crew
- Hawley's Standalone "Star Trek" Was To Link Back
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek Movie Avoids Kirk & Picard, Has New Characters
- Noah Hawley's Star Trek Movie to Introduce an Entirely New Crew
- Wil Wheaton Wants To Reunite With Patrick Stewart On Star Trek: Picard
- Star Trek: The Original Series receives TCA Heritage Award for
- Star Trek: Lower Decks References the Original Series AND the Animated Series
- Star Trek 6: Why Kirstie Alley's Saavik Didn't Return For Undiscovered Country
- Wil Wheaton Wants to Return as Wesley Crusher for Star Trek: Lower Decks