‘Mr. Mercedes’ Season 3: Audience Shares First-Look Images, Behind the Scenes Teaser [VIDEO]
AT&T‘s Audience Network’s critically-acclaimed thriller-drama Mr. Mercedes is set to return for its third season on September 10th, and now viewers are getting a look at what they can expect from the Stephen King adaptation’s return. Here’s a look behind the scenes at the season’s production (see below), as well as some preview images (throughout the article) from the series that sees David E. Kelley (Big Little Lies, Ally McBeal) supervising the writer’s room and Jack Bender (Lost, Under the Dome) returning to direct the 10-episode season.
Here’s a look at the cast of characters in play for the third season of AT&T Audience Network’s Mr. Mercedes:
● Gabriel Ebert’s (Ricki and the Flash) Morris Bellamy is intelligent, well-educated if not middle class, a volatile and charismatic wolf in sheep’s clothing. When he was younger he had ambitions of becoming a famous writer but ended up with a much less exciting life in Ohio.
● Rarmian Newton’s (Rise) Peter Saubers is 16, smart and personable, he’s a junior in high school and on the college track. From a seemingly happy home, but that picturesque Midwestern life was derailed when his father was disabled during the Mr. Mercedes massacre.
● Glynn Turman’s (How To Get Away With Murder) Judge Bernard Raines is the no-nonsense judge presiding over Lou Linklatter’s murder trial, he suffers no fools and takes no prisoners. He is none too pleased with the lawyers working on this case who seem hell bent for trial.
● Bruce Dern’s (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood) John Rothstein is a famous and reclusive writer living on the fringes of Bridgton, Ohio.
● Kate Mulgrew’s (Star Trek: Voyager) Alma Lane is another life-long resident of Bridgton, Ohio, and a compelling force in Morris’ (Ebert) life since he was a boy: a bit vicious and a lot smart.
● Brett Gelman’s (Stranger Things) Roland Finklestein is a smart, passionate defense attorney who is representing Lou Linklatter (Wool) in her murder trial. He believes he can win the case if they go to trial and keep Lou out of prison.
● Natalie Paul’s (You) ADA Sarah Pace is the prosecutor on Lou’s case. At first glance one might think her soft, but she is a hardcore prosecutor with a strong moral compass. She doesn’t support or believe in Lou’s vigilantism and refuses to back down from pursuing justice.
● Meg Steedle‘s (I’m Dying Up Here) Danielle Sweeney is Morris’ affectionate yet slightly naive girlfriend who finds herself out of her depth when she questions his strange relationship with Alma.
[All images: Audience Network]
Based on King‘s Bill Hodges trilogy (Mr. Mercedes, Finders Keepers, and End of Watch), the series focuses on a demented serial killer who taunts a retired police detective through a series of disturbing letters and emails. Knowing he’s the only one who can stop the killer, the ex-cop undertakes a personal and deadly mission to stop his murderous reign before he claims another victim.
Audience Network’s Mr. Mercedes season 2 featured Brendan Gleeson as Detective Bill Hodges, Harry Treadaway as Brady Hartsfield, Jharrel Jerome as Jerome Robinson, Scott Lawrence as Detective Peter Dixon, Breeda Wool as Lou Linklatter, Justine Lupe as Holly Gibney, Nancy Travis as Donna Hodges, and Holland Taylor as Ida Silveris. Joining them for the second season were Jack Huston (Boardwalk Empire) as Brady Hartsfield’s doctor Dr. Felix Babineau, Tessa Ferrer (Grey’s Anatomy) as Dr. Babineau’s wife Cora Babineau, and Maximiliano Hernandez (Sicario) as Assistant DA Antonio Montez.
Though actually the second volume in the trilogy, 2015’s Finders Keepers will actually serve as the basis for the series’ third season:
King, Kelley, and Bender will executive produce the 10-episode third season alongside Temple Hill Entertainment’s Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey, Sonar Entertainment’s Tom Lesinski and Jenna Santoianni, and Audience Network’s Shane Elrod and Kate Regan.
About Ray Flook
Prouldy serving as TV Editor, Ray started with Bleeding Cool in 2013 as a contributing writer/photographer before being brought aboard as staff in 2017. Counting John Cusack as his pop culture "spirit animal," his "word fu" stays strong as he continues trying really hard to be the sheppard...
(Last Updated June 4, 2019 12:01 pm )