Chris Pine Honors Anton Yelchin At 10th-Anniversary Star Trek Screening
It’s been over three years since the world tragically lost 27-year-old Anton Yelchin, but it’s clear that in such a short time, the actor made a massive impact on those around him.
Just this weekend, Chris Pine attended a special 10th-anniversary screening of the first film in J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek reboot series, which was dedicated to the memory of the young actor. Speaking in front of a massive audience of fans, Pine reflected on their time working together:
A trailer for the documentary about Yelchin’s life, Love, Antosha, played prior to the screening. Pine is one of the many stars featured in the documentary, which also includes interviews with Kristen Stewart and Simon Pegg.
Yelchin portrayed Chekov in the three most recent Trek films, where he developed friendships with both Pine and Pegg. Though undisclosed at the time of his death, the Russian-American actor had been diagnosed with cystic fibrosis prior to shooting Star Trek Beyond, yet silently worked through it despite the onset of his symptoms.
Pine also took a moment to address his co-star’s strength, saying:
Love, Antosha will receive a limited run in theaters this August. Meanwhile, the fate of a potential fourth Star Trekmovie remains unclear. While it seems like Chris Pine won’t be returning, writer-director Quentin Tarantino’s hoping to put his own R-rated spin on the franchise in the near future.
If and when the fourth film finally comes to fruition, the role of Checkov would be retired in his memory, a fitting tribute to an actor that left us all too soon.
Source: Trek Movie
More on this: 623 stories
- Star Trek Head Alex Kurtzman Explains How Star Wars Influenced His Approach to the Franchise
- Star Trek: Section 31 Plans to Begin Filming Immediately After Discovery Season 3 Wraps
- Star Trek's Alex Kurtzman Has a 5 to 10 Year Plan for the Franchise
- Alex Kurtzman Updates Us on Future of Star Trek Television
- "Star Trek: Short Treks" Season 2 Mission to Include 2 Animated Episodes
- Alex Kurtzman wants Star Trek to appeal to a younger demographic
- Jonathan Frakes Wraps on Star Trek: Picard
- Link Tank: An Anthony Bourdain Food Trail Has Grand Opening
- Alice Eve Returns as Carol Marcus for Star Trek Fleet Command
- Star Trek: Alex Kurtzman Addresses Discovery Spock & Pike Future
- Tarantino Star Trek must be Canon, Regardless of any Ratings
- Star Trek Miniature Phaser At San Diego Comic Con
- Star Trek: Section 31 Spinoff To Film After Discovery Season 3
- Star Trek: The 10 Most Heartbreaking Deaths, Ranked
- A Look Back: The Next Generation
- Star Trek EP Says He's Mapped Out The Franchise's Next 5 To 10 Years
- Star Trek's Jonathan Frakes Joins In On Captain Picard Day Celebrations
- "Star Trek: Picard": Jonathan Frakes' Directing Duties Have Wrapped
- Star Trek: Picard EP Teases Series' Ensemble Cast
- Several Animated Star Trek Projects Will Be Aimed at Kids
- Kurtzman On The Future Of Star Trek
- Is Star Trek about to have its very own Last Jedi moment?
- Kurtzman Talks Busy "Star Trek" TV Future
- Star Trek: Discovery Showrunner Thinking About the Enterprise's Return
- Hallmark announces 2019 convention exclusive Star Trek ornament