Star Trek is officially bringing back Captain Pike and Spock for new adventures
Exciting news, Star Trek fans – Captain Pike and Spock from Discoverywill be back.
The characters have been confirmed to return for three USS Enterprise-themed Star Trek: Short Treks episodes, alongside Number One (Rebecca Romijn).
The news was revealed at San Diego Comic-Con today (July 20) by Discovery co-creator Alex Kurtzman, who brought Spock actor Ethan Peck and Romijn on stage.
They also unveiled a new trailer for Short Treks (scroll down to watch it) and revealed the titles for the episodes – 'Ask Not', 'Q&A', 'The Trouble with Edward', 'The Girl Who Made the Stars', 'Ephaim and Dot' and 'Children of Mars'.
Kurtzman had previously teased the return of Spock and others, saying earlier this month: "I would be remiss in saying you're going to see Spock again on Discovery because we’ve obviously jumped so far into the future that it wouldn't make sense.
"But the idea of bringing Ethan [Peck] back, and Anson [Mount] and Rebecca [Romijn] and the Enterprise, I mean, we loved it so much, and to find a way to do that is definitely something we're thinking about."
The creators also gave fans a first-look at new animated comedy series Star Trek: Lower Decks, which follows the support crew on one of Starfleet's least important ships in 2380.
Among the announced voice cast are Tawny Newsome, Jack Quaid, Noël Wells and Eugene Cordero.
It was also revealed that Discovery season three began shooting in Iceland earlier this month, while David Ajala has joined the cast as brand new character Cleveland 'Book' Booker.
Watch the new Short Treks trailer below:
Star Trek: Discovery is streaming on CBS All Access in the US, and Netflix in the UK.
More on this: 12 stories
- Star Trek: Discovery discusses Captain Pike/Spock spin-off possibility
- Star Trek: Discovery's Anson Mount is up for Pike/Spock spin-off
- Mount And Peck: Short Treks And More
- STLV 2019: Anson Mount would “love” to do a Captain Pike series
- Star Trek: Discovery boss teases a return for Spock and more key characters
- Star Trek Producer Still Thinking About How to Bring Back Pike, Spock, and Number One
- Star Trek: Discovery's Spock, Ethan Peck, Cast in Penny Dreadful Spinoff
- Star Trek: Spock and Number One to Return in Short Treks
- Star Trek's Ethan Peck And Rebecca Romijn To Return In New Short Trek
- Short Treks episode starring Ethan Peck And Rebecca Romijn on the way
- According to Alex Kurtzman, Pike and the Enterprise could return
- Star Trek: Discovery Showrunner Thinking About the Enterprise's Return