William Shatner keen to reprise Star Trek role
William Shatner said on Friday he'd love to reprise the role of Captain Kirk for Quentin Tarantino's possible Star Trek film project.
"Quentin Tarantino said something in the paper that somebody said to me, that he loved me. And Quentin, I love you. If you're going to do Star Trek, hey, 50 years later, a few pounds heavier, come on, not a problem," the 88-year-old star told Reuters at London's Film and Comic Con.
Asked if he'd be up for the role, he said: "Well I'd like to do it, whether I'd be up for it I don't know."
Shatner said he still gets nervous when fans tell them how much he means to them.
"Yeah you know there's a sense of awe when a person comes up and he's moved or she's moved to meet me. Half of me is saying I don't understand why and the other half of me is commiserating. I know my clay feet and don't want to disappoint them."
Whether Tarantino will get to stamp his distinctive mark on the Star Trek franchise is still up in the air. A script has reportedly been written, set in the JJ Abrams Star Trek universe (the movies and the TV series Discovery and Picard are set in different timelines).
The 2019 London Comic Con event, held at Olympia, is in its 15th year.
It features more than 400 exhibitors and, as ever, many fans chose to come in costume and take part in the popular cosplay events - with every corner of sci-fi represented from Deadpool to the Goblin King from Labyrinth.
There was also a new Lego zone featuring scale models of worlds from Star Wars.
Reuters / Newshub.
More on this: 37 stories
- Devil's Revenge Trailer: William Shatner & Jeri Ryan Open a Portal to Hell
- Devil's Revenge Trailer Sends Star Trek's William Shatner, Jeri Ryan to Hell
- Devil's Revenge Trailer: William Shatner Shoots Demons With A Shotgun
- Tarantino vs. 'Star Trek': The female collaborators we want to see
- Star Trek: Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie Want in on Quentin Tarantino's Movie
- Brad Pitt And Margot Robbie Want A Role In Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek
- William Shatner Envisions Captain Kirk Running Wild in Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek
- Karl Urban Says A Quentin Tarantino 'Star Trek' Film Would Be "Phenomenal"
- William Shatner Wants To Run Wild In Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie
- Studio Would Have To Be Insane Not To Make Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek According To Karl Urban
- Why Quentin Tarantino Should Not Direct the Next Star Trek
- Tarantino vs. Star Trek: Everything you need to know
- William Shatner willing to return for Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek
- William Shatner Wants to Reprise Captain Kirk for Tarantino's Star Trek
- William Shatner Wants to Be Captain Kirk in Tarantino's Star Trek
- William Shatner wants to be in a Quentin Tarantino Star Trek film
- Star Trek: William Shatner Wants to Be a Part of the Quentin Tarantino Movie
- Star Trek: William Shatner Would Return For Quentin Tarantino's Film
- William Shatner Says He Wants To Be In Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek
- Will Quentin Tarantino really make Star Trek his final frontier?
- Tarantino Doesn't Even Understand How Star Trek Timeline Works
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek set in the Chris Pine timeline
- Quentin Tarantino Can't Make Sense of the Star Trek Movies Continuity
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek potentially set in Prime Timeline
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Is Set In the Chris Pine Timeline