Jonathan Frakes talks about being a part of Star Trek: Picard
It was recently revealed that Riker and Troi will be returning to action in Star Trek: Picard and Jonathan Frakes has some thoughts about it.
It is safe to say that the Star Trek: Picard panel at San Diego Comic-Con was filled with one big revelation after another. Seven of Nine! Data! The Borg! The hits just kept coming at warp speed for those in attendance.
It’s only in such an atmosphere that the revelation that Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis would also be returning as Riker and Troi in Picard be seen as the fifth or sixth newsworthy item of the panel.
However, now that everything has calmed down a bit, fans have realized that yes, the original Star Trek power couple is making a comeback and they are getting pretty excited. It has been 20 years since we saw Riker and Troi ride off into the sunset in Star Trek: Nemesis and everyone has questions.
Are they still together? Did they have any children? Is Riker an admiral? Were either of them involved in the incident that caused Picard to leave Starfleet?
We can likely expect more information as we get closer to the premiere of Picard. But between now and then the two Star Trek icons can expect to get lots of questions about their role in the show over the next several months.
More from Redshirts Always Die
Non-military, huh? Could they be happily retired? Living a quiet life on Betazed, raising their children and maybe grandchildren?
Curiouser and curiouser.
As for returning to a part he hadn’t played in almost two decades, Frakes admitted it was not as easy as he thought to step back into the role.
In addition, Frakes just completed directing two episodes of Picard and talked about the difference between that job and directing Star Trek: Discovery.
The addition of Riker and Troi to a show that also includes the return of Data (in one form or another) and Seven of Nine is just icing on the cake for a series that is unique in Star Trek. It should give even the gatekeepers something to enjoy. Star Trek: Picard is scheduled to arrive on CBS All Access in early 2020.
More on this: 559 stories
- We Need Tig Notaro's Jett Reno as a Star Trek: Discovery Regular
- Star Trek Producer Comments on Possiblity of a Discovery Movie
- Star Trek: Discovery Producer Addresses The Possibility Of A Movie
- Star Wars and Star Trek: Why are there no seatbelts on spaceships? AMAZING official reason
- 'Star Trek: Short Treks' Review: Did Spock Just Laugh in 'Q&A'?
- Top 10 Vulcans In Star Trek, Ranked
- What Christopher Lloyd Has Done Since Back To The Future
- Star Trek: Discovery Is Bringing Back Deep Space Nine's Alien Races
- Star Trek's Nickelodeon Animated Series Will Tell Serialized Stories
- John Cho Injured on Cowboy Bebop Set, Production Halted
- 10 Worst Outfits In Star Trek, Ranked
- Star Trek: 5 Scientifically Accurate Details (& 5 That Make No Sense)
- 'Jojo Rabbit' Composer Michael Giacchino on Setting the Right Tone
- Star Trek: The Next Generation: Collateral Damage Book Review
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Producer Sets Crime Drama at CBS
- Every Arrow Easter egg and callback in the season 8 premiere
- Nasa unveils new spacesuit for next Moon landing
- Galaxy Quest Documentary Headed to Theaters, Trailer Released
- Star Trek: Picard Can Be Nostalgic (Because Of Discovery)
- Star Trek: Discovery coming to E4 in the UK
- 5 Things In Star Trek TNG That Make No Sense (And 5 Fan Theories That Do)
- Nasa unveils spacesuits to be worn by first woman on the moon
- Star Trek: 10 Crazy Captain Kirk Theories That Have Actually Been Confirmed
- 'Why Women Kill' Renewed for Season 2 at CBS All Access
- NASA: New spacesuits for Artemis moon landing program unveiled today have high-tech features, greater mobility