Star Trek: William Shatner Wants to Be a Part of the Quentin Tarantino Movie
Wiliam Shatner wants in on Quentin Tarantino’s Star Trek movie. Tarantino said in an interview that Shatner is the reason he loves Star Trek. Someone pointed that quote out to Shatner and Shatner tells Reuters, and Tarantino, that he’d love to be a part of Tarantino’s film plans.
“Quentin Tarantino said something in the paper that somebody said to me, that he loved me,” Shatner said. “And Quentin, I love you. If you're going to do Star Trek 50 years later, a few pounds heavier, come on. Not a problem! Well, I'd like to do it. Whether I'd be up for it, I don't know.”
It sounds like Shatner’s mind is willing, but that he may have concerns about how his body would handle a feature film workload similar to those he expressed to ComicBook.com earlier this year when asked about resurrecting James T. Kirk for a series like Star Trek: Picard.
“That word, ‘resurrect.’ That’s a key word,” he said. “You’d have to resurrect me, Shatner, in order to do the daily -- I don't know what Patrick [Stewart] is doing doing that. Doing a series is debilitating for a young guy, for a 25-year-old, which I was doing when I was 25 years old. It’s a physical wrecker, it’s a mental wrecker, and it’s a homewrecker ‘cause you’re working 14, 18 hours a day. And in the last series I did, Boston Legal, I had, in rush hour, a two-hour commute. So add that. So no, I would not be interested in doing a series, per se.”0comments
Even if Shatner isn’t in the film, Tarantino plans to keep Shatner's spirit and the spirit of Star Trek: The Original Series alive even though his film would take place in the “Chris Pine” timeline. “The reason I was actually intrigued by the JJ Abrams version of it is because I thought Chris Pine did a fantastic job not just playing Capt. Kirk but playing William Shatner’s captain — he is William Shatner. He’s not just another guy, he’s William Shatner’s Capt. Kirk. And it’s literally, Zachary Quinto is literally Leonard Nimoy’s — because they both have the same scene together — he’s his Spock. They f****** nail it. They just nail it.”
Are you excited about Quentin Tarantino’s Star Trek? Let us know what you think in the comments. The film is currently in development but does not have a date on the Paramount Pictures upcoming film schedule.
Have you subscribed to ComicBook Nation, the official Podcast of ComicBook.com yet? Check it out by clicking here or listen below.
The crew is recovering from Comic-Con and we're digging through all the week's news headed into the weekend. The trailer for Will Smith's Gemini Man, a new era of X-Men, our expectations for Zombieland Double Tap, as well as what's new for the Halloween franchise - we're diving deep in this episode of #ComicBookNation! Make sure to subscribe now to never miss an episode!
More on this: 37 stories
- Devil's Revenge Trailer: William Shatner & Jeri Ryan Open a Portal to Hell
- Devil's Revenge Trailer Sends Star Trek's William Shatner, Jeri Ryan to Hell
- Devil's Revenge Trailer: William Shatner Shoots Demons With A Shotgun
- Tarantino vs. 'Star Trek': The female collaborators we want to see
- Star Trek: Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie Want in on Quentin Tarantino's Movie
- Brad Pitt And Margot Robbie Want A Role In Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek
- William Shatner Envisions Captain Kirk Running Wild in Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek
- Karl Urban Says A Quentin Tarantino 'Star Trek' Film Would Be "Phenomenal"
- William Shatner Wants To Run Wild In Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie
- Studio Would Have To Be Insane Not To Make Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek According To Karl Urban
- Why Quentin Tarantino Should Not Direct the Next Star Trek
- Tarantino vs. Star Trek: Everything you need to know
- William Shatner willing to return for Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek
- William Shatner Wants to Reprise Captain Kirk for Tarantino's Star Trek
- William Shatner Wants to Be Captain Kirk in Tarantino's Star Trek
- William Shatner wants to be in a Quentin Tarantino Star Trek film
- Star Trek: William Shatner Would Return For Quentin Tarantino's Film
- William Shatner Says He Wants To Be In Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek
- William Shatner keen to reprise Star Trek role
- Will Quentin Tarantino really make Star Trek his final frontier?
- Tarantino Doesn't Even Understand How Star Trek Timeline Works
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek set in the Chris Pine timeline
- Quentin Tarantino Can't Make Sense of the Star Trek Movies Continuity
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek potentially set in Prime Timeline
- Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek Movie Is Set In the Chris Pine Timeline