Star Trek: William Shatner Would Return For Quentin Tarantino's Film
William Shatner revealed he would like to reprise his famous role of Captain James T. Kirk for director Quentin Tarantino's prospective Star Trek film.
"Quentin Tarantino said something in the paper that somebody said to me, that he loved me," Shatner told Reuters. "And Quentin, I love you."
Shater continued, "If you're going to do Star Trek, fifty years later, a few pounds heavier, come on, not a problem." The actor was then evidently asked if he'd be up to join the proposed film, to which he replied, "Well, I'd like to do it. Whether I'd be up for it, I don't know."Click the button below to start this article in quick view. Start now
Of course, Shatner is incredibly synonymous with the role of Captain Kirk, having played the character since the maiden voyage of the original Star Trek television series back in 1966. Shatner subsequently reprised his role for Star Trek: The Animated Series, as well as all six original Star Trek movies. Not counting archival footage, Shatner's final time playing Kirk came in the 1994 film Star Trek Generations, the franchise's seventh theatrical release.
For some time, there have been talks of Tarantino helming his own R-rated Star Trek film, which would not shy away from the use of expletives, nor the "horrors of space." However, despite the renowned director apparently having his heart set on making the project a reality, nothing has yet to be officially announced. Notably, however, Shatner has already voiced his support for the project.
At the time, it remains unclear if Trekkies will ever get see Shatner play an R-rated Captain Kirk. For now, we'll simply have to wait and see if Tarantino's Star Trek is given the green light.
More on this: 559 stories
- We Need Tig Notaro's Jett Reno as a Star Trek: Discovery Regular
- Star Trek Producer Comments on Possiblity of a Discovery Movie
- Star Trek: Discovery Producer Addresses The Possibility Of A Movie
- Star Wars and Star Trek: Why are there no seatbelts on spaceships? AMAZING official reason
- 'Star Trek: Short Treks' Review: Did Spock Just Laugh in 'Q&A'?
- Top 10 Vulcans In Star Trek, Ranked
- What Christopher Lloyd Has Done Since Back To The Future
- Star Trek: Discovery Is Bringing Back Deep Space Nine's Alien Races
- Star Trek's Nickelodeon Animated Series Will Tell Serialized Stories
- John Cho Injured on Cowboy Bebop Set, Production Halted
- 10 Worst Outfits In Star Trek, Ranked
- Star Trek: 5 Scientifically Accurate Details (& 5 That Make No Sense)
- 'Jojo Rabbit' Composer Michael Giacchino on Setting the Right Tone
- Star Trek: The Next Generation: Collateral Damage Book Review
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Producer Sets Crime Drama at CBS
- Every Arrow Easter egg and callback in the season 8 premiere
- Nasa unveils new spacesuit for next Moon landing
- Galaxy Quest Documentary Headed to Theaters, Trailer Released
- Star Trek: Picard Can Be Nostalgic (Because Of Discovery)
- Star Trek: Discovery coming to E4 in the UK
- 5 Things In Star Trek TNG That Make No Sense (And 5 Fan Theories That Do)
- Nasa unveils spacesuits to be worn by first woman on the moon
- Star Trek: 10 Crazy Captain Kirk Theories That Have Actually Been Confirmed
- 'Why Women Kill' Renewed for Season 2 at CBS All Access
- NASA: New spacesuits for Artemis moon landing program unveiled today have high-tech features, greater mobility